Model shot

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
No
No not toy cars or trains, a real live person.

makeup-CRW_6742-%204.jpg

Hows it look? Its possible that some of the warmth has gone due to colour issues I'm having, but Photoshop showed the colours to be fine under Windows proof so *shrug*

Shot with the Sigma 24-70 at f/2.8. It can be a great lens.

Pete the eye's look a little dead, there's not much light in them, they look a little lost. I can't help but look up her nose i'm afraid pal

Hard to capture the light in the eyes when she's looking up and your position is down.

Good looking girl, have you any more shots of her?

Yeah I was kinda after a skin tone check more than anything. I've got far better shots but this was the start so I wanted to make sure the skin tones were right.

Tones look a bit weird to me - looks like she was wearing a ton of make up. Of course, that could be an accurate representation ;)

I know it's info about the tones you're after, but the very first thing I noticed about this shot was the big ol' halo around her head! Just something to watch out for.

Tones look a bit weird to me - looks like she was wearing a ton of make up. Of course, that could be an accurate representation ;)

I know it's info about the tones you're after, but the very first thing I noticed about this shot was the big ol' halo around her head! Just something to watch out for.

She was wearing a bit as it was a makeup shoot for a make-up artist. There is a slight halo around her head which is due to my processing of the background I guess. Plenty more shots to play with :)

It's difficult to know what make-up she was wearing, but using the neck and shoulder as a guide, the tones are very red. I've got a 'thing' about over-done skin tones anyway.

skintones.jpg

From left to right....

(1) Your original completely untouched.

(2) Virtual Photographer filter 'Natural Portrait' used with no other adjustment. Still a bit warm IMO, but what many would prefer. Unfortunately, this filter does add noise.

(3) My take on it, just adjusting saturation. No doubt it's a bit cool for some tastes, but I think it's a more realistic skin tone

It's difficult to know what make-up she was wearing, but using the neck and shoulder as a guide, the tones are very red. I've got a 'thing' about over-done skin tones anyway.
From left to right....

(1) Your original completely untouched.

(2) Virtual Photographer filter 'Natural Portrait' used with no other adjustment. Still a bit warm IMO, but what many would prefer. Unfortunately, this filter does add noise.

(3) My take on it, just adjusting saturation. No doubt it's a bit cool for some tastes, but I think it's a more realistic skin tone

You know no3 is a variation I tried and kinda liked but I wasn't sure.

makeup-CRW_6742-%204copy.jpg

I think that was just auto levels.

Some high key black and white too;

makeup-CRW_6742-%204bw.jpg

I'd be happy with that last colour version Pete.

Can't be doing with that mono conversion at all.:cautious:

;)

I'd be happy with that last colour version Pete.

Can't be doing with that mono conversion at all.:cautious:

;)

Cool ok. I know what to aim for with the rest then. I've done portraits before but I want to get this one spot on.

In my honest opinion Pete the mono isn't a high key shot overall anyway because it isn't predominantly light enough as a whole. The skin tones if you really look at them have a sort of grey veil effect on them and the image looks manipulated. :shrug:

Hope you don't mind pete, but i tried it in black and white, i've not adjusted the eyes as i just wanted to see how it would look.

60251530.VlruVVmt.makeupCRW_674241.jpg

Softened the skin just a bit to see if it helped with the tone

No offence mate, just bouncing ideas

hmmm not sure about this one pete, seems to be lacking as you say..not sure what you can do to pop it up a bit

Ok Im a still very much learning but, Im a nosey so & so, and Im finding this thread very interesting!
First off, stunning model you have there!
For me though I didnt so much notice the skin tones as the facial expression. The way shes squinting up into the light from behind the pinky/red eye shadow in the inner corners of her eyes ... makes her look like shes just had a belly full of crying, so for me rather than showing off the make-up artists skills the pose detracts from them.
Also, is there something dodgey going on with the bun on the top of her head? the colouring doesnt look the same as the rest of her hair.
So far I like Sean's take the best because the b&w seems to bring a more even softness around the eyes.
Look forward to seeing what you do with the final pics, Pete.

I would have said the first of the three or the first 'high key' mono were the best but there is still a weird halo around her! TBH i don't really like the pose she is in, it just looks awkward, her face looks strained almost.

Back