Modifications to Oulton Park. Possibly the first of many :(

The only problem is they'll all be silent, and forgive me for being a little old fashioned, but I like standing at the side of a track having my ear drums blasted out of my head by the cars out there (I'm talking about international and historic meetings here, not club level stuff, where they're already heavily silenced).

thats not a problem.. you can plug your ipod into some speakers and play racing car noises :)

Can you see what I mean by being able to see more of the track?

Is it going to be naturally dark due to being obscured by trees - you may find the 100-400 a disappointment in sheltered areas as the light levels will be lower.

It was too light today :) THe sun was right behind the cars so it was really difficult to get a good shot. Also I had trouble focusing on the cars to :shrug:

The only problem is they'll all be silent

Lotus Engineering (who else) already have the technology waiting and ready to go to combat this apparently as it's always one of the biggest complaints with electric cars (both from a safety and aural perspective)

Lotus have been experimenting with active noise for years.

In the mid to late 1980's they had a Citroen AX on their fleet which had a noice cancelling system and would play a mapped V8 engine noise in its place. They found people drove harder and faster when it sounded like a V8 than when the system was switched off.

This was before things like the Prius came along which are silent.

The greens love Prius' but conveniently forget that creating and disposal of the batteries is pretty environmentally damaging and once you factor in the greenness during the total life of the vehicle including creation and disposal then its not better than a normal car. There are still emissions, but its at the power station rather than at the exhaust pipe.

Hydrogen fuel cell is the way forward.

Last edited:
L
The greens love Prius' but conveniently forget that creating and disposal of the batteries is pretty environmentally damaging and once you factor in the greenness during the total life of the vehicle including creation and disposal then its not better than a normal car. There are still emissions, but its at the power station rather than at the exhaust pipe..

the thing about the prius as it was never meant to be 100% green.. its just meant to polute the least in the highest poluted places. when it sits in a traffic jam it pollutes zero where as all the other cars a busy pumping junk into the atmosphere.

Just resurrecting this thread as I've just read that Oulton Park is going to be hosting this:

modified-live-forum-flyer.jpg

Apparently Donnington Park is having some problems hosting events so Oulton might be taking the canceled events.

Just food for thought :D

:D

Stick to the track action and you'll be fine, EDC and Time Attack should be good for pics (y)

F3/GT at Donington that weekend anyway ;)

But...straying a little off topic arent we?

Lets add some keywords about track modifications to be on the safe mode, lets see...new chicane, different barriers, some more tree's, fake marshal's, some burning wreckage of a car perhaps etc etc :p

Back