Moelwyn range, Snowdonia

Stunning, rory. There's nothing that I do not like about this, everything is just perfect. Beautiful.

Pity I couldn't pixel peep, I might be able to moan about something then lol

I like that between the clouds, might be tempted to crop the bottom up a bit to draw more attention to the 'sandwich' :)

It is nice, ideally in such a time of day a little break in the clouds behind would give you just a bit more golden hues on the mountain face. You could probably raise your yellow channel luminsity just to give a little more punch to the scene

I like it Rory, the light this year has been exceptional for summer, much less haze than normal so you can get great shots like this out of the golden hours.

Coincidentally I was dropping off some stock at Galeri Betws-y-coed last Friday and noticed you had one in there quite similar to this, can't remember where it was taken just remember the cloud !!

Simon

I like it Rory, the light this year has been exceptional for summer, much less haze than normal so you can get great shots like this out of the golden hours.

Coincidentally I was dropping off some stock at Galeri Betws-y-coed last Friday and noticed you had one in there quite similar to this, can't remember where it was taken just remember the cloud !!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Yes that's correct. It was taken around 4 miles away from this location, last September.

This one :-

The Moelwyn range September 2013 by Rory Trappe, on Flickr

I'll have to pop over to the gallery some time myself !!

Cheers,
Rory

First one is a lovely shot; the fog adds a new dimension and the light is still nice. Second one has really ghastly processing - probably not far from HDR with radioactive grass, blown fog and rather dark sky. The whole dadaistic mix just doesn't make any sense.

First one is a lovely shot; the fog adds a new dimension and the light is still nice. Second one has really ghastly processing - probably not far from HDR with radioactive grass, blown fog and rather dark sky. The whole dadaistic mix just doesn't make any sense.
Yes, it has a hdr feel to it, I may have overdone the green on that example.
Here is another example with the contrails removed
http://www.pbase.com/caeclyd/image/156780880

Of course! I know all about that!

Incidentally, I think you could improve the top picture. I don't know if you use Lightroom but if it were me I would try this - move the black slider to the left and the white to the right. Or maybe a bit more contrast would do the trick. But it's a great picture anyway.

Of course! I know all about that!

Incidentally, I think you could improve the top picture. I don't know if you use Lightroom but if it were me I would try this - move the black slider to the left and the white to the right. Or maybe a bit more contrast would do the trick. But it's a great picture anyway.
It was a quick edit for postingST4 suggested a touch more yellow in the channel mixer. I have tried that and it does make an improvement. I'll take your comments on board if it ever gets used or printed. Cheers.

Reactions: ST4
Back