Mojave Collared Lizard

Edit My Images
Yes
I'd been busy this morning cleaning out my vivariums, and for the collareds, this involves sieving ~20Kg of sand. Not really much fun but, once everything was done and the lizards returned to their home, decided to take a quick shot to show a friend. He's skittish so, it was a case of being quick and taking it before he bolted off! Camera in the viv, low to the sand (eek!) and job done! I'd set-up a custom white-balance beforehand as it's a mix of UV tube & tungsten spotlight ;)

IMG_3959-Flickr by virmin78, on Flickr

that is a fantastic shot, i know how difficult these little guys are to photograph!

that is a fantastic shot, i know how difficult these little guys are to photograph!

He's the hardest of the two, as he doesn't like human contact at all... usually tries (and succeeds) to escape at cleaning time and makes a drama of getting him back in the viv. Once he's back home, he's fine and calms down straight away but, until then, he's hissing and trying to bite any approaching fingers! :nono:

I really like this, nice DOF.

Thanks, I'm quite pleased it worked out so well. I was a bit shaky from all the sieving so, I wasn't expecting much from the shot to be honest. :D

Back