More BSB at Oulton Park

Edit My Images
Yes
First try at the superbikes, having seen other photo`s on here from the same meet I would like to try a few different things next time but these are what I got... I hope you like.

2477377685_5a4c337e4c_o.jpg

2478189420_78c6abe659_o.jpg

2477377757_047d01d087_o.jpg

2477377583_f9ea9a0900_o.jpg

And finally this guy was a little to quick :LOL:

2478189330_91e90262b7_o.jpg

Thanx for looking

Mark

Nice captures, just the right amount of background blur and blurring on the wheels to give a sense of movement, whilst the bikes/riders are nice and sharp. My only crit is that they all look a little dark, so assuming it was an overcast day. Might have been tempted to lift them a bit during pp and maybe next time, use similar settings but open the aerture a little wider if pos, and if not, push the iso up a notch just to get a bit more light. However, they look pretty damn good for a first effort :clap:

good shots
have you done much PP on them? I cant make out if they are either a little too noisey, too sharp or have had the exposure upped in PP. Something just not quite right but i cant put my finger on it.

Great Shots, what lens were you using? I'm very keen to go back to Oulton Park and shoot some bikes this year one of my fave tracks.

Nice captures, just the right amount of background blur and blurring on the wheels to give a sense of movement, whilst the bikes/riders are nice and sharp. My only crit is that they all look a little dark, so assuming it was an overcast day. Might have been tempted to lift them a bit during pp and maybe next time, use similar settings but open the aerture a little wider if pos, and if not, push the iso up a notch just to get a bit more light. However, they look pretty damn good for a first effort

Thanx for the comments, I think that the main problem with their looking a little dark is more down to my moniter, while yes it was overcast, thats pretty easy to correct in PS. My moniter isn`t calibrated correctly though and my photo`s normally do look a little dark on other moniters....I keep on forgetting to sort it though.

good shots
have you done much PP on them? I cant make out if they are either a little too noisey, too sharp or have had the exposure upped in PP. Something just not quite right but i cant put my finger on it.
Today 11:30

Not sure about this, I have in most of the shots only sharpened the riders so it may be that that has made them look a little unrealistic? I will look into it though.

Great Shots, what lens were you using? I'm very keen to go back to Oulton Park and shoot some bikes this year one of my fave tracks.

Thanx very much, I was using a 300 f4 with a 1.4 T/C at knickerbrook, though I found personally that the shicane got the better photo opp`s.

Nice shots. All these taken at exit of knickerbrook?

Cheers, yeah some were at knickerbrook while others were at the shicane.....can`t be bad living near Oulton ;)

Back