More Deer... and a surprise!

Edit My Images
Yes
Spotted this deer today with a small group (think they are Sika), they were a way off and i've cropped a fair bit already. I know it's not my greatest shot, but was so excited to see this so had to share!

IMG_0741small.jpg

Fallow deer I think. I have never seen an albino one before though.

Thanks guys! I don't think they are fallow though... antlers look wrong - i think fallow antlers are more palmate and these look more branched, but I stand to be corrected!

They do look like fallow, but I can't really see the antlers properly to distinguish the different types!!

White deer are not uncommon, especially fallow. There are a couple at Lyme Park in Cheshire :)

At my old company, we looked after Bramshill - a police training centre which features a large Jacobean Mansion - amazing place. Within the grounds, they had one of two herds of white deer (read genetic throwbacks of red deer - so big!) which were pretty impressive. Both herds are owned by the Queen apparently.

This is what I expect of a fallow with the palmate antlers (excuse the shocking pic!)... but looking at them together they do look similar... Maybe the first one is a younger stag? Confusing! I may trot down to my local Forestry Comission Rangers office and quiz them tomorrow!!

fallow.jpg

Back