More Fireworks (from the East) (5pics)

Edit My Images
Yes
What a night, first time trying this, of course. Met up with BobR at St Marys to shot the fireworks from Whitley Bay Links. First problem was the amount of sodium background light from Whitley Bay, but a few test shots sorted that out. Anyway overall I'm quite pleased with the results :D

WB_Fireworks_1.jpg

A short run into the display and Bob and I decided that we had too longer lenses on. Talk about F1 pit stop lens change :)

WB_Fireworks_5.jpg

WB_Fireworks_3.jpg

WB_Fireworks_4.jpg

This last one is a total experiment, I cant make up my mind if it works. Open shutter and zoom form one end to the other :thinking:

WB_Fireworks_2.jpg

Now there are some new and interesting images - well done!

Some good suff there. I am still going through the shots I took. Spent an hour trying to get out at the end.

I like the last one alot.

Thanks Bob, we only took about 20 mins to get out. Had a cup of coffee then off. The Police were controlling the exit and I opted to go up to Seaton and pick up the back roads across to NS, a lot quicker. Nice to meet you, though next time we must do it in daylight so I can see what you look like :LOL:

That last shot was a spur of the second thing, suddenly thought what would happen if? Not too bad a result :D

Lucky for you getting out so quick... poke your head out the window and see the size of the moon this evening!

These are really different shots from the norm ... and mostly work very well ...(y)

The last one should have worked in principle ... but it just misses to wow ... imo of course ...:p

The first takes it by a mile ... for obvious reasons ...:LOL: ...:D

First and last for me Bob! The overruling green in the first = (y)

Lucky for you getting out so quick... poke your head out the window and see the size of the moon this evening!

Yes, it was certainly large with an orange cast on it earlier, but today was the one day I didn't have me camera with me at work :(

Now its just a big white moon in the sky, but hopefully early tomorrow evening it will be a different story ;)

Thanks for all the comments :)

#1 was taken @ 4 sec's, f10 off the 100 - 400L at 100mm, iso 100.

Shortly after this there was the lightning change over to the 17 - 85 IS USM lens. Both lenses had the IS turned off and manual focus set to infinity.

The other shots were all @ 1 sec, f10, iso 100.

I notice a lot of others using considerably longer exposure times but, my plan was focus, frame and shoot with the remote. Got through about 150 frames, quite a good few in the bin, oh and a sore thumb :)

The zoom shot just came to me, recalled reading an article about it in a recent photo mag, so on the spur of the moment I zoomed in on a burst, clicked the shutter and zoomed out. No doubt if I had planned to do it the attempt might have been a little better. But I know for next time now :D

Back