Critique More from Edinburgh

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone - a few more shots from my hometown of Edinburgh - I was out last Thursday night with my D800

1. Sun setting across the Forth from Calton Hill
Nikon D800 & Tamron 24-70 f2.8

2. Edinburgh Castle & The Balmoral Clock from Calton Hill
Nikon D800 & Sigma 100-300 f4

3. Calton Hill - Dugald Stewart Monument & City Centre Twilight

4. Balmoral Hotel Clock
Nikon D800 & Sigma 100-300 f4

5. Princes Street from Waterloo PLace

They look better in full on my photo page: www.chrismitchellphotography.co.uk and my Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/chrisjmitchellphotography

Thanks for looking folks!

Some good images there Chris. It's a shame the monument in no3 isn't illuminated that would really make it stand out

Yeah 3 was a bit dark with the monument in the foreground it is a shame it's not lit! I liked the look of the lit up city in the background v the dark foreground though.

I don't know... 2 stops under is pretty severe. There is some glow around the monument almost as if it were HDR-ed. 5 has a similar feel just not as strong. Obviously it was a little grey evening, you just can't help it.

Maybe try several exposures of monument from tripod and walk around with flash and combine in photoshop. That's my plan there for next time.

I don't know... 2 stops under is pretty severe. There is some glow around the monument almost as if it were HDR-ed. 5 has a similar feel just not as strong. Obviously it was a little grey evening, you just can't help it.

Maybe try several exposures of monument from tripod and walk around with flash and combine in photoshop. That's my plan there for next time.

5 was tone mapped actually so it is a bit HDR!

Back