More from the lakes

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Another of my attempts at landscape photography in the Lake District this February.

Shot on a Fuji finepix S7000.

Embarrasingly I can't remember which lake it was :bonk: I think it was either Ullswater or Derwent (probably the latter) I must start to record more detail when I take photos :bang:

In colour with brightness and contrast upped a little:

lakes.jpg

Converted to B&W with noise added:

lakesblackandwhite.jpg

I think I prefer version 2.

I need to be spend more time getting it right in camera though instead of tweaking in PP.

Andy

Unfortunately I couldn't do much about that at the time :LOL:

I could add a different sky in with photoshop but not sure I want to go down that route.

I think that this is my biggest problem with landscapes. I need to take them with a family in tow during days out, holidays , etc. I am not able to time the shots with the best lighting and weather conditions. I just have to try with what presents itself at the time.

Andy

I agree re B&W bringing out the best in the scene. (y)

For times when the sky is 'flat' a grad filter or perhaps some PP in Elements or similar might help.

I like the composition but agrre with others that the sky needs work. If you don't want to add a sky, try something simple like making a selection of whats there, feather it and adjust down in levels until it comes in to match the scene. Nice shot though.

Back