Edit My Images
No
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0246.jpg

Really like the third shot of the white horse. The diagonal line formed by the horse and rider is very strong but, if I were composing the shot I would have made it an upright. If you draw a vertical line at the fence post and another just behind the horse I think this picture becomes superb. Hope that's not too harsh. Perhaps you don't agree? Nice try any how. Difficult conditions so well done.

You know your horses. Please accept my most sincere apologies. How ignorant am I?

So sorry.

Last edited:
No need to apologise, I really don't know anything about horses apart from the Scoop 6 and it's nice to get that sort of thing right from a technical aspect, so thanks. I just wanted to offer some compositional advice.

P.S just had a look at your horse pictures and I think you are better qualified to comment than me. Really like your head on shot of the jumping horse.

I'll give my critique shot by shot if that's okay:

Shot 1: Not too shabby but could do with a slight tilt to straighten it up;

Shot 2: Apart from the obvious tilt your focus is way off here as it obviously on the background, you also need to track the horse as it jumps so you don't get motion blur;

Shot 3: A good crisp shot but the guy on the left is very distracting so I would crop to remove him;

Shot 4: I'm sure you don't need me to tell you about the chopped of head :D and again you have alot of motion blur, try and higher shutter speed and smaller aperture;

Shot 5: Looks fine but could with a straighten;

Shot 6: Sorry but this does nothing for me as the yellow lorry is too distracting as is the jump in the foreground.

I trust these weren't taken today. :D

these were taken at the flint and denbigh in 2007, i wanted to post these and then post the more recent shots in another thread to see the difference in comments... if that makes sense

Nice set of shots, the third shot almost has the best IMO position for shooting a jumper, that is on the up with rear hoofs still planted on the ground.
Most other positions to me nearly always looks out of balance with regard to the horse and rider.

Back