More light trails, M45 this time

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
Well decided to go out and try and do some light trails at sun set having located a suitable position, regrettably because of poor weather conditions there was no sunset to speak of, obviously there was a sun set but is was not visible.

So I decided to make the most of the light pollution and cloud cover, overall I am pleased with the results but C&C is most welcome and appreciated.

Overall photography wise I am happy with the results of the evening, even if it went dramatically down hill afterwards, with my cars engine deciding that it no longer liked one of the glow plugs so blew it out of the block. :shrug::bang::bonk:

M45 at Barby # 1 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

M45 at Barby # 7 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

M45 at Barby # 8 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Thanks for your time

Matt
MWHCVT

I've never tried this so can't provide any full and comprehensive feedback. However my preference is #1 for two reasons; the colour in the sky and it has more red light trails on. My only criticism is that it might be worth reducing the brightness of the the headlight trails to compensate even more.

Forgot to post this, when I did this set I did wonder what effect a mono light trail would have so for a single exposure I altered the camera settings to produce such an effect I really don't think that it works but would like to here others thoughts on it.

M45 at Barby # 6 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Thanks for the feedback, I was pleased with this set and it was my first time shooting at this location, I hadn't even done a recce on this location, it was all scoped out with google earth and google streetview before the visit.

Matt
MWHCVT

Back