More New Forest in Autumn Shots

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
No
Hello all. Do tell me when you're getting bored of autumn shots, especially from The New Forest...

The forecast said it would be nice this morning, clear skies so annoying empty skies, but I wasn't expecting mist as the temperature didn't drop much overnight. In fact this morning it was too warm for a coat and hat!

SJM_1043.jpg

2. (Some troublesome lens flare, but could work on it more if was a shot worth saving)
SJM_1033.jpg

SJM_1046.jpg

SJM_1065.jpg

SJM_1070.jpg

6 & 7 - A cheeky Pony offering to keep this missus happy who says I never take shots of the wildlife in the forest...
SJM_1062.jpg

SJM_1099.jpg

Nice set Stu! I see we let you into Hampshire then ;)
No5 first, beautiful colour in the ferns lovely copper browns and love the way the trees split the light from the sun, lovely rays radiating through the woodland, and great long shadows leading you in. Cracking shot.

Then 2 why do people have such an issue with lens flare, I think it adds a little something special to the shot! I love the river of mist running down along the edge of the wood separating off the plain from the wood. Really nice foreground ferns, I like this shot, flare and all.

3 and 4 together. 3, great mist with the diagonal rays filtering through, really nice golden light bathing the foreground. 4, burst of sun above the tree, pouring through the branches ( I was expecting you to say is that worth saving because of the burnt out sun? ) fantastic crepuscular rays, really nice IMHO.

Why is it people are so hung up on all lens flare and burnt out sun? If I look directly into the sun it looks burnt out to me too:). Ok lens flare can look horrid in some shots but in others I think it's fine, and in this case it's hardly over cooked.
Well done, good stuff!

Lovely set of images Stu.

These are a great set of images Stu I like them all very much, as others have said #2, #3, & #4 are really lovely shots. I agree with Steve about lens flare it doesn't bother me in any way when it's in the right place and can enhance this type of shot considerably.(y)

George.

2 and 5 for me.

The flare is probably down to scratched (Lee?) filter. It looks like an easy enough edit in PS, but it is even easier to take the filters of and blend a couple exposures together flare-free :)

2 and 5 for me.

The flare is probably down to scratched (Lee?) filter. It looks like an easy enough edit in PS, but it is even easier to take the filters of and blend a couple exposures together flare-free :)

Cheers mate.

Yes I took a couple of shots to merge without filters but that actually ended up with more flare than the filtered shot!

Back