More of my recent shoot

Take my critique with a pinch of salt :D I'm learning myself - so I'll just compare this critique with more experienced members and see if I got anything right..

The eye sockets look a little red/purple which looking at the rest of the image leads me to think it was done like this in PP with a global adjustment - to me it makes it look like she's been crying/rubbing her eyes.

The highlighting on the skin looks a bit too thick and opaque, maybe it needs blending better - and some of the original texture needs reviving?

I am afraid I am going to be a little unkind.
I do not care for plastic skin. I know it is the fashion but I do not like it.
I am worried about the stray bit of arm... I think it is an arm because it does not have a foot on it......But not a hand either... or perhaps it it is not hers?

Although the lighting gives good facial structure, it leaves the eyes in pools of darkness. Which has caused most of your problems.

Post effects can never make up for problems with lighting.
Very much worth shooting some more shots of her

Take my critique with a pinch of salt :D I'm learning myself - so I'll just compare this critique with more experienced members and see if I got anything right..

The eye sockets look a little red/purple which looking at the rest of the image leads me to think it was done like this in PP with a global adjustment - to me it makes it look like she's been crying/rubbing her eyes.

The highlighting on the skin looks a bit too thick and opaque, maybe it needs blending better - and some of the original texture needs reviving?

You guys are right, Dancook, this was my patent to shoot all natural, the lighting was very blah in the face I created the highlights were created in post nose, chic, chin and neck and I did see the neck was too much I wanted to see if anybody else will notice.
I'm not very happy with the process either she kinda look sick ...

I agree the skin looks like a dolls, sorry

Les

The three photos are equally beautiful. The subject project with emotions and that makes the picture even more beautiful. Basically, the lighting just highlight the colors but it can be perceived in many ways depending on who's judging. I had a session like this @ http://www.pixsterphotobooth.com/ and they also make use of highlights ( both light and dark)

Back