More old photos

Edit My Images
Yes
pikkinnoseba5.jpg

They had probems in 1910 with not controlling the model - What is the baby doing?
babybathmg9.jpg

Should Social Services know about this?
Exposure time for a glass 1/4 plate must have been quite long by the movement of the hand.
chamberscartfx0.jpg

Chambers are still a local haulier today nearly 100 years on!

I have been restoring old photos for about 20 years - had one of the first Apple greyscale scanners (second hand as they were about £2000 new) and one of the early Mac 20's. These plates were in 3 boxes affected by damp and drgrading in an outhouse in the village. A quick tip for removing the white dust flecks is to duplicate the layer - gaussian blur just to lose the white specks and then use darken to blend. History brush over important features and use healing brush or clone tool just in those areas

More great images from another age you have there - love the respect people have for the camera, shows how much of a rarity it was to have pictures taken.

(y)

Good work Phil. Love the evidence of genetic resemblance in the first one. [Not yours, oh dear. Open up ground!]

Beware - I have a large collection - lovely to trace the dress styles through the decades.

Great photos - I love looking at old pics :)
Beware - I have a large collection spanning the last century in the village. Lovely to look at the styles of dress over the decades.

Back