more playing with light and wire wool

Overall a really great set (y) with some brilliant locations used (y) the last location looks great and I'm sure I've seen wirewool done there in the past :thinking: on the first long exposure/light trail there is a little bit of softness there, did you turn off the IS on your lens?

Matt
MWHCVT

Good work! An excellent set, especially the last three.

Mind you, it's getting quite hard to do wire wool spinning/light orbs at this time of the year due to the lighter evenings. Have to wait until well after 10 pm before it becomes dark enough to do it (as I found out yesterday!).

Absolutely excellent but can someone tell me exactly what wire wool is complete newbie :)

Absolutely excellent but can someone tell me exactly what wire wool is complete newbie :)

As far as I know, it's wire wool (see here for the product) that's heated up to give off glowing sparks, and then a long exposure is used to give a trail effect, as one form of a photographic technique called "light painting". It's something I've looked at, but not done yet given the slow sunsets and short summer nights in the North of England. Hope this helps.

Back