More red kites - sorry

Name
Di
Edit My Images
Yes
I was so struck by seeing so many of these wonderful birds together, that the 6 P's went straight out the window :bang:

No 1
5542509907_0a26ac01dd_m.jpg

No 2
5542083037_6b9d96e97e_m.jpg

No 3
5542663102_b35ea2292d_m.jpg

:help: Any comments will improve my learn curve.

Di

The second might benefit from highlighting the shadows, but bigger images may encourage a bit more/better feedback from others

but bigger images may encourage a bit more/better feedback from others

Thanks Jon, when I initially went to upload them onto the gallery area, they exceeded the size; guess I then went the opposite. I'll resubmit.

Di

You did have a nice sky didnt you:) As Jon said bigger images would make it easier for people to comment. That said the last two look pretty good. When there so many targets above you its difficult to decide which one you want:D

Glad you have found some to put up, told you you would be spoilt(y) they are outside as I speak now greedy little beggars :LOL: look forward to seeing the bigger images and the ones taken with the 70 - 200.

Practice makes perfect Di and you will just HAVE to return :LOL: :LOL:

Just had a look on your flickr to see bigger images. Nice detail in the underside of the wings, on no 2. I think that a slight boost in saturation(reds) and a bit of contrast would make quite a difference, plus a bit of a sharpen.

:help:, have tried to resubmit but they still look to be showing as the same size as the first set posted. As they where taken from the Flickr url, I'm confused as to why the size is different then? Any clues for me :thinking: :bang:

:eek: Just changed the size of the layout with Flickr and that seems to have increased the dimension

No 1
5542509907_0a26ac01dd_z.jpg

No 2

5542083037_6b9d96e97e_z.jpg

No 3

5542663102_b35ea2292d_z.jpg

I haven't forgotten about the 70-200 one's Nicki, just need to get the hang of this uploading milarky :bang:

Di

Last edited:
Bit better size Di, but only seeing No 1 here:)

TAKE THAT BACK OK NOW

Last edited:
Hi Di,

When you click "Share this" on Flickr, there is a drop down box at the bottom where you can set the size. 1024 is ok on here. The limit of 1024 is to stop posting at 1600pix + then the size police appear as then you have to scroll;

Red kite by Images from Di Stone, on Flickr

In terms of crit, well aside from the composition you picked up on they are pretty good. As has been mentioned you could do with a saturation boost and a contrast tweak, and a bit of a sharpen. 3 is a nice classic Red Kite shot, and with the recommended tweaks would be spot on.

May I ask whereabouts these were taken?

May I ask whereabouts these were taken?

Hi Caleb

These where taken when I was with Nicki aka Briony. She's very lucky to have them as her garden birds like us folks get starlings :LOL:

Thanks for the clues on uploading the pics.

Di

Last edited:
Some garden! #3 of the "enlarged" set is particularly imposing and impressive.

Back