More Welsh Rugby

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
This time from round 4 of the WRU cup (Llandudno 3 - 73 Ebbw Vale). Again awful light due to rain, low overcast cloud, heavy rain at times etc. Coupled with a slow lens (f/4-5.6) meant 1600 ISO, plenty of grain and even then they underexposed and needed post processing which made them even noisier.

#1 Running at the defence

#2 - Looking to pass

#3 - Conversion attempt early on

#4 - Dves over to score. So noisy and grainy nothing i could do with it so converted to B&W (and i HATE B&W photos of all kinds with a passion)

Full set is here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitcomberd/sets/72157611458790272/

You know you got some action there. The noise isn't that apparent in the colour ones. Maybe in larger images it would be.

1-3 are nice with some great colour.

Not sure about #4. You caught the moment but it is very grainy and soft.

Shame you dislike B&W so much :shrug:

Not fully related to this but i cant seem to extract my EXIF data off the photos above (or on another forum where ive used them). Could have sworn it used to work. I haven't changed any of my flickr settings. Has something changed their end to stop it ?
Its set to public there, shows up on that site but on here and else where right click > show exif comes up with invalid block.

I think the EXIF might get stripped and stored alongside the shot on Flickr or blocked by Flickr. I can see the EXIF on the 'more properties' tab if I go to the Flickr page though.

Not sure it's ever worked like that with images embedded from Flickr :shrug:

Back