Moss Macro

Name
Will
Edit My Images
Yes
Shot this with a Canon G12 and a Raynox 250 macro lens. The subject is a bit of moss growing on my garden wall revealed by the melting snow of which just water droplets remain.
2ih0y8k.jpg

That's a nice shot Will, with some lovely reflections in the water droplets. If it were mine I'd crop just a bit off the left of the frame.(y)

George.

Thanks, glad you like it. Yes, now you say it, I see what you mean about cropping the left hand side. (y)

Hmm, I'm not sure.

I was thinking of about half as much as that. There is a vertical in a particular position (with virtually no latitude in either direction) that I suspect would work, looking at it by eye. I usually try these things to find out if my hunches work out in practice, but I can't do that in this case of course, so I can't be sure.

Nice work I like that

Thanks folks. I need to dig out the original and crop. I think I still have on sd card somewhere. Looking for it the other day to crop as suggested by George and Nick I realised I seem to have deleted the original RAW and never backed it up as a Tiff. I don't know if it just me but I feel I can see the image degradation from just one bounce down from jpeg to jpeg. Like its lost its sharpness a bit. The image is a couple of years old now but Timmy, yes i agree I will go re visit and have another go at it and see whats changed. I don't live there anymore but I know the people who do. Haven't got the Raynox out for some time but will have to dig it out and play. I think next project is to mount it on my 5dii with 100mm macro on a tripod. After viewing this section of the forum I'm feeling inspired. :)

Really nice the crop is even better it improves the composition

Back