Movement Comp Repost

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Now that the Movement and Old comps are out of the way, I thought I'd post a retake of my original idea for the 'Movement' pic - with a slightly more authentic writing implement!

The lighting was fun for this (well...!) - homemade snoot on a remotely-triggered flash that was suspended above the candle. And what did I use to make the snoot? In true Blue Peter stylee, it was a tube from a bog roll! (Hey, needs must when the devil drives!)

Score2.jpg

PS Thanks for Fi for the quill!

Daddy Kool ... (y)

Liking that Chris ... very well thought out and composed ... a real comp winner that is ... :D

:p

Very nice image, love the mix of objects and the gentle lighting. Looks really good (y)

Cheers guys - one of the few that I'm really quite proud of!

That's a really nice shot Chris. It makes me think of Beethoven scratching away with a quill pen by candlelight, with the moonlight shining through the window as he wrote 'Moonlight Sonata' :)

Chris - that is absolutely one of your best my friend. Full marks mate!

:LOL: (is that the BanHammer I can hear being unpacked) :LOL:

Cheers! It's taught me to think twice about taking time to compose the 'staged' shots - the ones that you get time to do... All the points that were raised about the original shot (after I'd already submitted my entry in October) were valid and, if I'm honest, fairly obvious. Hence the rework a few days later...

:ty:

Did you know him then CT ... :thinking:

:D

LOL

'Fraid not Rog. Wish I had though, he's definitely one of my musical heros, a bit of a hooligan who would have been quite liable to stick one on you if you weren't careful. He was quite anti social in his habits and had to move house a lot due to upsetting neighbours with a combination of his music and his drinking. In fact he moved house so often that he couldn't be bothered to put the legs back on the several pianos he owned, and he wrote the Moonlight Sonata as described above lying full length on the floor and playing with his ear pressed to the floor to judge the pitch of the notes as he was well deaf at that time although it wasn't widely known.

Awesome talented geezer! :)

All very true, CT! There was a film out, although I can't remember what it was called. Ludwig or something. He was pretty much out there! I kind of associate a lot of classical music with more contemporary rock... So if The Beatles were likened to Schubert, it'd only figure that Beethoven ought to be likened to Led Zep. Tchaikowsky would be, oh I dunno - Rammstein? Someone with a lot of pyrotechnics anyway - I mean... dragging out a can(n)on and using it in public? Unheard of! ;) :D

(BTW The music on the manuscript? 1st Movement from Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik')

Sounds just like the sort of neighbour you definitely don't want Cedric ... talented or not ... :eek:

Hmmm ... :naughty: ... CT's hero is a violent, noisy, drunken, anti-social hooligan ... :thinking:

ROFL @ Ven :LOL:

Should open a book on how long you got left, get myself some more L glass :LOL:

(BTW The music on the manuscript? 1st Movement from Mozart's 'Eine Kleine Nachtsmusik')

So it is! :)

Yeah Motzart and Schubert were really tuneful composers and wrote some of the most beautiful melodic stuff ever written, but if you really want to be stirred, Beethoven was yer man... definitely a rocker! :D

...but if you really want to be stirred, Beethoven was yer man... definitely a rocker! :D

Couldn't agree more! (y)

Sounds just like the sort of neighbour you definitely don't want Cedric ... talented or not ... :eek:

Hmmm ... :naughty: ... CT's hero is a violent, noisy, drunken, anti-social hooligan ... :thinking:

LOL Sounds bad doesn't it.:LOL:

No, I disagree with that. Quite an admirable set of traits, really ;)

:LOL: I can relate to the noisy, drunken and anti-social! Violent? Well, okay, my guitars might agree with you there too!

BTW - The pic is gonna be an Xmas pressie for me mum... shame it didn't win, cos I really could have done with a big fat juice canvas print out of it! :LOL:

Oh yus ... :D

But you sure seem to know what he's about ... (y)

I have an old battered book called 'The Stream Of Music' which deals with the lives of pretty well all the major composers. I dunno if it's still in print but I'd highly recommend it to anyone interested in this stuff if they can get it.

Motzart died in abject poverty despite having been feted by royalty. (he admired the work of Schubert and a young Schubert actually met Motzart when Motzart lay dying). He was buried in a paupers grave and the handful of friends he had left were making their way to the cemetery for the burial when there was a sudden lightning storm and they took refuge in a pub (as you do).

When they finally got to the cemetery the grave diggers had filled in and gone. To this day no-one knows where he actually lies, but what a legacy he left behind him.

LOL Sorry Chris I've sort of nuked your thread. :D

LOL. I keep spelling Mozart the way it's pronounced.

Lol - just call him Wolfie - I'm sure he'd understand!

Thanx for the linky CT ... (y) ...

I am not a musical type but Jill really likes old books and old people ... hence she married me ... ordered from second one on the list as a stocking filler for her ... :D

A very fine ... even if hijacked thread Chris ... :LOL:

Sorry to interupt the discussion ;) but thought you might like to know I really like your shot Chris. Your simple lighting shows us just what can be achieved with a little imagination (and a few quality props). Great work! (y)

:LOL: @ HuN ... HeHe ... good job Chris is bothered, not ... :D

But true ... one of CD's finest pics yet ... maybe until you look at the Dawg thread ... :shrug:

Really nice shot. great compo and colours are very pleasing. good job :D

Back