Moving Epson cartridges from an XP-760 to an XP-970

Name
Julian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Probably a stupid question but.......
I have an Epson XP-760 A4 printer which I've been quite happy with and wish to upgrade to the A3 version, the XP-970.
As they both use the same type of cartridges does anyone know if it is possible to simply change them from the old printer to the new on setup ? If so will "real" ink levels show or is there any risk involved in running dry?
Many thanks for any insights
Jules

Can't forsee any problems . I didn't have any when I upgraded to the Epson XP-950. Tthe new printer does come with "trial cartridges" anyway if your worried about in flow and save your existing ones for when the trial ones run out. However I would use up your existing ones first if it were me

Last edited:
Guys, here is the reply I received from Epson. Looks like it will work, many thanks for your help

Thank you for contacting Epson Customer Service and Support.

You would be able to switch the leftover ink from your XP-760 to your new XP-970, this is not a problem. Once inserted the correct ink levels would be read from the microchip on the inks and the ink should not dry out if you are just switching these straight from one printer to another. However, when you receive the replacement printer you should initialise this with the setup inks provided in the box with the printer since these are mostly used up in the initialisation process, and then once they need replacing then use the inks from the XP-760.

Glad you got the positive reply that you sought "from the horses mouth" (y)

Back