Moving from dx to 4/3

Name
Stefano
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all
I finally ordered the olympus omd em-1 and the 12-40mm 2.8 lens.
I already have a nikon d7000, 16-85 dx lens and a 10-24mm.
I made this decision for an obvious reason of weight since I travel a lot and dont want to carry many kilograms of gear.
I also posses an old Olympus OM1 with a zuiko 50mm 1.4 and a zuiko 85mm f2. I was wondering if it is worth to buy an adapter and
use this lenses with the new OMD em1 camera.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

Stefano

Definitely use your om lenses with adaptor the is massive evf and peaking will make manual focus a doddle

Last edited:
I also posses an old Olympus OM1 with a zuiko 50mm 1.4 and a zuiko 85mm f2. I was wondering if it is worth to buy an adapter and use this lenses with the new OMD em1 camera.

Yes, yes, yes! :D

You should be able to get and adapter for around £10 and although some people report patchy quality I've bought three cheap ones and all are fine. Hand holding an 85mm on MFT may require a fast shutter speed but I hope the Olympus IS will help with that.

PS. If you decide not to bother and to sell your OM lenses let me know if the 85mm f2 is going in the classifieds :D

thank you all for your answers :)

sorry woof woof I will never sell my old olympus gear, I am very fond of it.
can you give me a link for the type of adapter you are using?

THE OM-D in-body stabilisation is extremely effective but you do have to program the focal length in on one of the menus. It's one thing I miss on my Sony A7 having moved from the E-M5.

Last edited:
Thanks Cap'n Bill
once I will get it I will try to figure it how to program it (I have my old OM lenses in Italy at the moment and I will get it in April once I get there to visit my mother)
:)

Back