Mr & Mrs Siskin - Enjoying their new perch

dinners

In Memoriam
Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Chucked away all the old bare stick perches today and fished about for some branches with 'stuff' growing on them for a change. I'd hoped that they'd land on the thin end but but they seemed to like this thick bit for some reason. Quick prune tomorrow should sort that.

Only had 20mins shooting after setting them up but quite pleased so far as they seem to like pecking the 'stuff' which means they hang about for a bit longer before jumping onto the feeders.

Anyway - the light was brutal but the first few to try it out were the Siskins. After I'd put the camera away :bonk: I saw a few fledgelings getting fed so that's the challenge for tomorrow.

Mr
7183431110_beaba0e8ff_c.jpg

Mrs
7183435314_6eaccc5550_c.jpg

7183450354_b7b1dcebc3_c.jpg

wasn't sure about this one but I'll stick it up anyway
7183439024_0b8cb3d4fe_c.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set of lovely bird (y)

Excellent set again from you Phil, they can be fussy buggers when it comes to using a perch :LOL:

A great collection, the "stuff" on the perch adds a little extra too.

Is the perch set up in your garden or somewhere out in the wilds?

Chris

Thanks for commenting folks.

Amazingly sharp images! 400mm f5.6?

Canon 40D with 100-400 @ 400mm / f5.6

A great collection, the "stuff" on the perch adds a little extra too.

Is the perch set up in your garden or somewhere out in the wilds?

Chris

Just a stick attached to the feeder in the back garden - taken out of the kitchen window.

Great shots phil, could I ask a favour? could you post a shot of how your feeder is set up and how the sticks attach as I need to get someone to do this for my feeder, it would be handy to be able to show my carer how to do it for me.

I can live with 'simple' if effective' gets thrown in LOL

Lovely stuff!

Spent most of the day myself assembling branches into a new feeding station for photos

Fab set Phil,love these birds but a bit thin on the ground round my location.:clap:

Thanks guys

Torchy - don't get me wrong but we're the opposite in that there's constantly a dozen or so on my nijer feeders. I'm at the point that I'm trying hard to photograph other birds for fear of giving everybody 'siskin sickness'.

Back