Mrs Exile - Maternity Part Deux

Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
Any photos?

I like those Adam, serve a great purpose in documenting the pregnancy. The only element I'm not so sure about is the arm in #3, think it would be better without. The eyes look great though in that one.

Lovely set! I love the angles you shot at for number 5... she looks positively glowing, inside and out. :)

I like those Adam, serve a great purpose in documenting the pregnancy. The only element I'm not so sure about is the arm in #3, think it would be better without. The eyes look great though in that one.

Yeah I thought that too. I decided to keep the "arm in" shot so it was clear she was resting on me.

I didn't feature in many others :D

Yes these get my vote too. Weekest being 2 (just a taste thing) nothing wrong with it. Bestest being 5 and 1. Like Beth says she looks so healthy and glowy.

Gaz

A superb set that will, I'm sure, be treasured by you both for many years. I too love No.2 - the baby's very first pair of Chucks!

:D

1) Love the warmth and smile, but the composition seems odd to me. I don't see what the negative space brings to the shot.

2) Love it.

3) The watch is a massive distraction.

4) It's a cliché, but still almost expected. I want the hands in focus, not the dress.

5) Nice. :)

6) Nice, but I'd have slightly more DoF.

1) Love the warmth and smile, but the composition seems odd to me. I don't see what the negative space brings to the shot.

(If you look closer it's slightly soft/oof and I think further would make that more obvious - gutted it isnt tack sharp!)

2) Love it.

(Thanks! I do too)

3) The watch is a massive distraction.

(Yeah I completely agree. I was racing against fading light, and trying to get a self-timer shot in focus which was almost impossible as my wife had to move to let me lay down. Still, I love her eyes in this so its a keeper for me)

4) It's a cliché, but still almost expected. I want the hands in focus, not the dress.

(Yup, agreed)

5) Nice. :)

(Thanks!)

6) Nice, but I'd have slightly more DoF.

(I did fire off a range of shots from 1.4 to about 5.6 but this was the one that sat better with my personal tastes)

Thanks for the detailed feedback. Really appreciate it!

A few responses above to explain the rationale! :)

No worries. :) I have no problem with the arm - it adds context - but the watch would be one to be aware of in future.

These rae really nice. Number 5 especially is very good IMO. As Bethy said, love the angle you have shot from and the shallow depth of field. She looks very well indeed.

What a lovely smile your good lady has. She looks very happy with life.

Would #1 work a bit better with less space on the right hand side ? I remember a similar shot as #2 in a previous set of yours, this works so much better with you in the shot, minor nit pick, but you chopped your wife's foot off :eek: Like #3 but wonder if the watch wasn't there would it be better? I guess #4 had to be done ;) #5 is lovely and so is #6 and I like the shallow DoF in that :)

Great set, really like these. You'll have the nipper to photograph soon, so a whole new area to explore. I'm approaching 5,000 photos of ours and he's only 8 months old!

What a lovely smile your good lady has. She looks very happy with life.

Would #1 work a bit better with less space on the right hand side ? I remember a similar shot as #2 in a previous set of yours, this works so much better with you in the shot, minor nit pick, but you chopped your wife's foot off :eek: Like #3 but wonder if the watch wasn't there would it be better? I guess #4 had to be done ;) #5 is lovely and so is #6 and I like the shallow DoF in that :)

Thanks for the comments!

Yeah possibly right on #1. Like I said above though, it's not the sharpest and I'm certain cropping it down would highlight that even more. You're right on #2. Having me in the shot was always the plan but I couldn't do it until I bought a tripod. Happy with how it came out - even without the foot!:)

Great set, really like these. You'll have the nipper to photograph soon, so a whole new area to explore. I'm approaching 5,000 photos of ours and he's only 8 months old!
Can't wait! :D

These rae really nice. Number 5 especially is very good IMO. As Bethy said, love the angle you have shot from and the shallow depth of field. She looks very well indeed.

Thanks Gaz. I was browsing your site earlier today actually looking for TP members who use squarespace. Really nice stuff on your website.

Love them.......Treasure these, you'll look back on them in a few years and be so glad you took them :)

Back