Muc off degreaser

I have used it on mountain and road bikes, and the dirt just shifted after a quick squirt with the stuff, then a hose down. I also used it on the inside of a car wheel which was contaminated by grease from a split CV boot, and that came up really clean.

Wicked stuff best degreaser on the market for the money in my opinion.

Use a proper chain cleaner tool with muc off and your chains will keep looking like new

Used muc off for all my motorbikes

Best stuff for getting old oil and grease off chains is gunk, I used to get it in a spray can. that and a toothbrsush then oil back up

I use muc off on my bike chain and cassette. Spray it on, leave for a couple of minutes, rinse under the tap and then wipe dry with some kitchen roll is all it takes to remove standard grease and grime.

No, no, no.

Don't buy Muc Off. It's a rip off. Yes it works but at a price.
What you want is this stuff:-
http://www.screwfix.com/p/swarfega-oil-grease-remover-5ltr/20817

5 Litres dilutes at 50:1. That's 250 litres for less than £10. Do the maths. Works just as well as Muc Off. I've still got half a container left and that's after using it regularly for a couple of years. If you were any nearer NW you could have it.

Waste of money, Gallon of paraffin or even diesel is pretty much the same thing.

MucOff doesn't leave any oily residue (or smell!). I use it on my motorbike, but I wouldn't put diesel or paraffin anywhere near my bike. If you get either of those on the discs or brake pads you'd be screwed. :crying:

Ah yes good point sorry should have said ...Clean oil off discs with a rag afterwards even wash them in detergent.

But also, (For modern ish motorbikes, don't know about push bikes) ...even if you forgot, those discs and brakes are designed to work just fine whilst getting covered in oil and dirt, like London roads for instance.... Id imagine they could mostly still cope even being completely immersed in oil.

But yes clean it off.

Back