Critique Munticus reevsi...

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok this is a compete first normally I get spotted and that all but means flight,here fella came over from some distance. Me I'm blind as a bat ,because my glasses have completely fogged up :banghead::banghead::banghead: so I missed alot of this trying to just be able to see a head,well orange blobby thing. to put a red FP on. Shame about the light there wasn't much but just shows how much I know about deer. I was only saying to John recently about the fact that roe seem easier to stalk....more curious...and that I'd never had a muntjac approach like roe do. Too funny. Maybe fella came a 100yards got bored and sauntered off. It was brill. A shame: earlier while way too far to make images,he was jumping up in the air and chasing round in circles,maybe flies,proper madness,I've never seen anything like before. Ya take ya chances ,butI really wish I'd have had more light and caught up with him slightly earlier

Really special this for me the usual pretend to be a fallen tree no cover lying down wrong ext ,cause I'm still learning silly iso and a rare chance shot pretty much completely blind. It might be said I frame better when I can't see,,hey ho.:ROFLMAO:

1/200 f8 iso 25600 , 800mm as framed ie no crop A buck probably a year or two old. can anyone help there with advice on age I know I've seen more mature but how fast they mature I know not???

_S2I0759 Munty hook line and.. 1 .sm j by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

seeya

stu

A cracking shot Stu, nicely framed and impressive at ISO25600 for a Canon (y) :D

A rare sight for me, my only sightings have been the ar*e end disappearing into trees, down the Midlands/south of the country, so I can't help with ageing it.

Looks like it wants some CW rotation to me Stu?

45140780141_ae43451fd6_o.jpg

Last edited:
Holty thank you:)

Phil me old mucker thank you too buddy. Yup you mentioned you don't see that many up there.They are sharp cookies Phil,never had one come like this before. The best bit was he lost interest and simply wandered off,so he still doesn't know exactly what I am. This might bode well for a future encounter I'd say he's about 600yards from my house,where I took this, so I may well see him again Fella was a star Phil he came across me after this image and then. approached again,so gave me some wonderful chances. Ha ha iso 25600 and a SS of 1/200 OMG,what's a guy meant to do other than:runaway:. I did mention to you the new body might help me with the deer didn't I,alot of roe to share but so little time So many of my deer images come about with little light. Very much still learning Phil but roughly this looks to me like an iso 6400 image off the 1div,the dxii is some camera mate...even for a canon:LOL: I simply don't think I wouldn't have been able to make this with my old body. There are a few later images where he's come away from the hedge and coming straight at me,super clean bkg's Phil,you'ld have been proud of me mate,because of the issues with not being able to see through me specs, I didn't dare flip to portrait;)

Phil I like the crop,I wish I could have framed alittle better ,but I was blind as a bat,with everything steaming up,so no complaints,I get the lean and the rotation,. It's one of those weird ones, fella was leaning he was grooming and reacted to the shutter (in this frame). But once the image is shown out of context it does look slightly off. It's a fair spot mate. Essentially I trry not to crop much anyway,but especially with the silly high iso images,i'm basically concerned that the IQ isn't going to hold up. That's my mindset anyway at this stage,maybe that will change as I learn more.

Cheers matey really appreciate the repost and your time,

stu

Back