Daily MWHCVT(Matt's) Challenge 366 - 2012 - Now with added 5D3 Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 4 - In need of a Brew

Okay so I don't drink many fizzy drinks but when I do I think that one of the best going has to be a bit of Iron Brew (y) there's nothing out there that tastes quite like it :D

So the weather has been bad today so I didn't really have the inclination to head outside to get a photo, so time for a bit of light painting (y) also in an added twist since I've not done it for ages and as a homage to Kev a.k.a SamuelSlade007 and his own challenge :D HERE

4/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Excellent image Matt, very nicely done. Kev will be proud of you!! lol

Kev IS proud of Matt... well done... now I'M thirsty!! i also commented on flickr...now...do i run out and get a can of my own and see if i can match Matt's efforts... or break a choc bar and do that... mmm... but what could i include in the background??? ... any ideas :naughty: :D

Excellent image Matt, very nicely done. Kev will be proud of you!! lol

Thanks Michael :D I'm rather pleased with it :D

Kev IS proud of Matt... well done... now I'M thirsty!! i also commented on flickr...now...do i run out and get a can of my own and see if i can match Matt's efforts... or break a choc bar and do that... mmm... but what could i include in the background??? ... any ideas :naughty: :D

Thanks Kev, I'm trying to think of what is going to be my POTD tomorrow :bang: I'm hoping to get some water in there (y) since we've had so much rain the last few days :bang: I sure what every you do it will be done exceptionally well (y)

Just seen this Matt, top stuff so far, love number 2 & 3 :)

Thanks Michael, I'm pleased with the standard so far, but I maybe setting myself a high pedestal to fall from once I move back to my usual mediocre standard :LOL: :rules:

Matt

Good start to your 366 Matt.

Thanks Neil, I'm really pleased with all my images so far, I get annoyed with myself when I put and image up that I'm not at least 80% happy with, honestly that happened a few times last year I want to minimise it this year (y)

Matt

Thanks Kev, I'm trying to think of what is going to be my POTD tomorrow :bang: I'm hoping to get some water in there (y) since we've had so much rain the last few days :bang: I sure what every you do it will be done exceptionally well (y)

well..i've just reviewed the one i'll be posting..tweaked it slightly... mmm.. it will do very nicely.. :D

i look forward to water.. (y)

well..i've just reviewed the one i'll be posting..tweaked it slightly... mmm.. it will do very nicely.. :D

i look forward to water.. (y)

Well I'll keep a look out for it (y) I actually have and idea for tomorrow bit not sure if it will work yet :LOL:

Matt

Some very cool images so far, Matt.
I love Irn Bru as well, but living here in Korea it is a distant dream to crack open a can at the moment :)

4 really nice and varied images there.

I especially love the tilt shift one and thinks it works really well here.

The place in image one does look well worth a visit too.

Some very cool images so far, Matt.
I love Irn Bru as well, but living here in Korea it is a distant dream to crack open a can at the moment :)

Thanks Ben, I think that's one of the reasons why I could never move away from this country :LOL: some of the products that I couldn't get :LOL: thanks for your comments (y)

4 really nice and varied images there.

I especially love the tilt shift one and thinks it works really well here.

The place in image one does look well worth a visit too.

Thank you Adam, it's the national memorial arboretum (y) and yeah it's really worth a visit, I intend on organising a TP meet to there later in this year (y)

Matt

Last edited:
Good stuff, Matt. Like the tilt shift.

Thanks Tony, I love the tilt shift effect :D it's not often you find a scene that will work bit when I do I have to take it :D

Good start Matt, I like number one, not far from me at all.... I think :D

Cheers Joe, possibly not actually :D thought I did really appreciate it all that much as in the 36 hours prior to taking that photo I'd had a total of 2 hours sleep :bang:

What a cracking sunset. Great.

Thanks Robert the was a really great evening for the sunset :D

Matt

Excellent start to the year Matt, 4 totally different and yet equally beautiful photos. Have to say so far the Sunset one is my favorite :)

Excellent start to the year Matt, 4 totally different and yet equally beautiful photos. Have to say so far the Sunset one is my favorite :)

Thanks Roly, Just trying to work out what my POTD will be for today :shrug: I've not go any ideas just yet :bang:

Matt

Day 5 - Glass of Fire

I decided today that it was time to have another go at a photo that I did last year as a part of my challenge, I loved the idea last year but I really wasn't happy with the quality and the execution :bang:

So time for a re-shoot, but it had to be different as well as a retake :LOL: so I've edited it to make it looks like there is liquid fire in the glass :D

5/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Last years version can be seen HERE

Matt
MWHCVT

Last edited:
:LOL:

yes Matt, you are totally mad....

however I love your work!!!! (and 'windy day' is gorgeous!)
x

:LOL:

yes Matt, you are totally mad....

however I love your work!!!! (and 'windy day' is gorgeous!)
x

Thanks Maria, I really do feel like I must be :wacky: for doing it all over again, but I'm very happy with my standard so far :D I'm pleased you like my stuff for this years so far :D I too love "A Windy Day" :D

Matt

That's it I'm subscribing to this thread, I agree with Maria that you're mad as a bag of snakes, but we might just be confusing madness with genius.

I have no idea how you come up with these ideas every day, I'm sweating thinking about finding one a week..lol

That's it I'm subscribing to this thread, I agree with Maria that you're mad as a bag of snakes, but we might just be confusing madness with genius.

I have no idea how you come up with these ideas every day, I'm sweating thinking about finding one a week..lol

Thanks for subscribing (y) but on my part it's definitely madness :wacky: :LOL: for doing this challenge all over again :bang: I'm pleased that your enjoying this challenge thus far :D

Matt

Day 6 - I got that Vintage feeling

Today I went for a mooch around the village looking for my POTD that inevitably lead to my local church, I was hoping to head inside but that was not to happen today :( so was looking around the outside for different views, I quite liked this one because of the compacted grass path leading you to the door of the church :D I've never taking it from this position before I think that it makes a nice view

Getting a little nostalgic I though that I would have another play with film effect processing, this is a cross process effect :D

6/366 by mwhcvt, on Flickr

Matt
MWHCVT

Nice Matt, are you enjoying it so far?

Thanks Adam :D I'm really enjoying it (y) but then I did a 365 last year so I knew full well what I was letting myself in for :LOL: maybe that makes me even more :wacky: :thinking: I hope that your enjoying your own challenge (y)

Matt

That's an interesting effect. What did you put in, water? Or some form of coloured liquid?

Day 5 was done with just plain old tap water and a drop of yellow food colouring, with a sheet of printer paper behind it and the flash shot through the paper :D

Matt

I think you've managed to pull the film feel off. Before I read the blurb, I thought it was actually a film shot. You did what you wanted, so bravo for that! I think if it'd have been me though, I'd have made the church stand straight, rather than on a slight slant. I've probably been brainwashed by "MUST BE STRAIGHT AND DECLUTTERED" people, though :LOL:

I think you've managed to pull the film feel off. Before I read the blurb, I thought it was actually a film shot. You did what you wanted, so bravo for that! I think if it'd have been me though, I'd have made the church stand straight, rather than on a slight slant. I've probably been brainwashed by "MUST BE STRAIGHT AND DECLUTTERED" people, though :LOL:

I levelled it against the flag pole (y) I'm very pleased you thought it was a film shot, it gives me confidence to use the process again in the future :D

Matt

Hiya Matt,

First of all Happy New Year to you and may this year be as productive as your 2011.

Secondly, huge congrats on completing your 365 last year, you produced some amazing photos and best of all was the learning experience you gained from same which was evident in your photos and a true inspiration.

I'm apologise it has taken me a week to get round to visiting your new 366, it has been a hectic week. But I decided tonight that I have to put some time aside for Matt ;)

Right looking at the past few days of the new project ....

Day 1: Great lead in line with the path, like the motion of the clouds, however the sepia effect seems a tad OTT and the image is a bit soft (probably due to the pp). However, I great idea to kick start your new project (y)

Day 2: Hmmmmm :thinking: .... not sure about this one, I guess you were going for the 'miniature' effect, but I'm not convinced of same .... perhaps because the background looks a bit too 'plastic' to me. BTW is that a Subaru bottom left?

Day 3: WOW! This is absolutely amazing ..... and the quality of photography I expect from you now. The colours are awesome, the composition and lead in lines great, I like the bit of light flare and rays. Only slight niggle is there is a tad too much sky, so a slight crop of about an inch or so may benefit.

Day 4: Iron Brew is one of my fav drinks .... I'm not quite sure you have got the selective colour of orange right :shrug: and as for composition, I would have preferred slightly more dark space to the right and a tad off the top.

Day 5: Wow! I need my DG's to look at this ..... it is very bright and for me slightly +OE, especially on the whites. However, you have captured the detail of the glass well and I love the orange colour.

Day 6: Matt I am sorry to say ..... this for me is not one of your best photos (especially as you like it so much). It is not ticking the boxes for me :shrug: The verticals are slightly off alignment, the cross processing I don't think suits this image (and it may have been better portrayed in b&w, or perhaps a very delicate sepia tone). For me it looks a tad over cooked with pp, the sky doesn't seem real, the building has lost a lot of its detail and the bits of red around the headstones are quite distracting. I think this one is definitely a work in progress and a possible re-shoot.

I realise some folk may read this and think .... what the **** is this woman on ..... but you know me and I know you and over the last year I have followed your progress and learned a lot from you.

I say it as I see it, so don't take offence to the c&c ..... after all I am learning too.

Look forward to meeting up with you soon and following your project.

Good luck my friend.

Cheers

Dx

Hiya Matt,

First of all Happy New Year to you and may this year be as productive as your 2011.

Secondly, huge congrats on completing your 365 last year, you produced some amazing photos and best of all was the learning experience you gained from same which was evident in your photos and a true inspiration.

I'm apologise it has taken me a week to get round to visiting your new 366, it has been a hectic week. But I decided tonight that I have to put some time aside for Matt

Right looking at the past few days of the new project ....

Day 1: Great lead in line with the path, like the motion of the clouds, however the sepia effect seems a tad OTT and the image is a bit soft (probably due to the pp). However, I great idea to kick start your new project (y)

Day 2: Hmmmmm :thinking: .... not sure about this one, I guess you were going for the 'miniature' effect, but I'm not convinced of same .... perhaps because the background looks a bit too 'plastic' to me. BTW is that a Subaru bottom left?

Day 3: WOW! This is absolutely amazing ..... and the quality of photography I expect from you now. The colours are awesome, the composition and lead in lines great, I like the bit of light flare and rays. Only slight niggle is there is a tad too much sky, so a slight crop of about an inch or so may benefit.

Day 4: Iron Brew is one of my fav drinks .... I'm not quite sure you have got the selective colour of orange right :shrug: and as for composition, I would have preferred slightly more dark space to the right and a tad off the top.

Day 5: Wow! I need my DG's to look at this ..... it is very bright and for me slightly +OE, especially on the whites. However, you have captured the detail of the glass well and I love the orange colour.

Day 6: Matt I am sorry to say ..... this for me is not one of your best photos (especially as you like it so much). It is not ticking the boxes for me :shrug: The verticals are slightly off alignment, the cross processing I don't think suits this image (and it may have been better portrayed in b&w, or perhaps a very delicate sepia tone). For me it looks a tad over cooked with pp, the sky doesn't seem real, the building has lost a lot of its detail and the bits of red around the headstones are quite distracting. I think this one is definitely a work in progress and a possible re-shoot.

I realise some folk may read this and think .... what the **** is this woman on ..... but you know me and I know you and over the last year I have followed your progress and learned a lot from you.

I say it as I see it, so don't take offence to the c&c ..... after all I am learning too.

Look forward to meeting up with you soon and following your project.

Good luck my friend.

Cheers

Dx

Happy New Year to you too Dawn, to the photo's

Day 1, I think that this may be a little soft partially down to processing and partially down to the wind :bang: A was also rushing to avoid getting run over by the train that takes you around the site

Day 2, I know this type of photo is a real marmite photo but it is a style that I love so when I get the opportunity I'm always keen to take it :D

Day 3, That crop has been mentioned a few times now :D I can see what your saying

Day 4, It's that rare that I do selective colouring that I was a little rusty on how ro do it so more than possible I've mucked it up a little

Day 5, haha the whites were meant to be OE I was going for a Hi Key look to it :D I appreciate its bright but TBH that was the point as fire is bright :D

Day 6, I promise the church is level :D look at the flag pole on the top the church tower tapers to the top, I can appreciate the colours are not for everyone :LOL:

No offence taken :D

Matt

Happy New Year to you too Dawn, to the photo's

Day 1, I think that this may be a little soft partially down to processing and partially down to the wind :bang: A was also rushing to avoid getting run over by the train that takes you around the site

Day 2, I know this type of photo is a real marmite photo but it is a style that I love so when I get the opportunity I'm always keen to take it :D

Day 3, That crop has been mentioned a few times now :D I can see what your saying

Day 4, It's that rare that I do selective colouring that I was a little rusty on how ro do it so more than possible I've mucked it up a little

Day 5, haha the whites were meant to be OE I was going for a Hi Key look to it :D I appreciate its bright but TBH that was the point as fire is bright :D

Day 6, I promise the church is level :D look at the flag pole on the top the church tower tapers to the top, I can appreciate the colours are not for everyone :LOL:

No offence taken :D

Matt

Good on you Matt, look forward to meeting you soon (hopefully this weekend ;))

Cheers

Dawn :)

Some more good photos Matt. Really like the windmill one! I'm finding it tricky somedays already.

Some more good photos Matt. Really like the windmill one! I'm finding it tricky some days already.

Trust me when I say a challenge like this is not easy, that's why can on suggest if you get ideas for photo's that you can do at home any day keep them for those day's when you cannot find something to use as you POTD, you have thing's like oil on water, water drops, smoke art, still life light painting etc there are loads of options for stuff that can be done inside (y)

I'm pleased that your enjoying the photo's so far (y)

Matt
MWHCVT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back