MX at Doune, Saturday, 26th July 2014.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Enjoyed Drumclog so much that I discovered a Practice Track just up the road from me in Doune:banana:

Lovely morning, friendly folk and what looks like a demanding track.

Learned from my first MX shoot, this time I upped the shutter to 1/250th for most of the shots.

So much more keepers and still blurry wheels = a happy chappy but still a lot to learn!

C&C welcome as always.

1. Head shot.....

3. It did get a wee bit dusty......

5. Vertigo time.......

7. Double portrait time..........

9. A couple of through the flowers shots.....

14. Got a wee bit too close to this fella but all there, just!

2,3+6 for me Mike nice set

Thanks for that, Gaza.

looks like you enjoyed ypurself Mike, I must do more m/x brings back old memory's of the CZ and Husky I just to have.
For me #1 is my favourite, personally im not a fan of shoot through bits of undergrowth as in #9 & 10 but then Im probaly just an old fart :)

Thanks, Graham, I must admit I am starting to prefer it to circuit work:snaphappy:

I just put the vegetation stuff in for a wee change but I quite liked the effect in 9, though 10 was probably a step too far:wacky:

Ooooh I think he's caught the MX bug!

Loads of fun isn't it :D

#12 for my pick I think.

Its all about the framing and light with this subject, you've clearly got down in the weeds a bit here, but getting low is good because the low angles makes the viewer submissive to the subject, meaning the bike has more impact. No there's a bit of psytrickery for a Sunday morning :p

Ooooh I think he's caught the MX bug!

Loads of fun isn't it :D

#12 for my pick I think.

Its all about the framing and light with this subject, you've clearly got down in the weeds a bit here, but getting low is good because the low angles makes the viewer submissive to the subject, meaning the bike has more impact. No there's a bit of psytrickery for a Sunday morning :p

Thanks, Andy, I have indeed caught the bug!

Back