My 1dmkIII just arrived :(

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
Not happy.. It's sat here and I can't play with it until the battery charges up...

oh hum :)

Hey even the charger is sexy with 50/80 and 100 charged markers :)

Oh and it's gopt a yellow dot and latest firmware.. brand new.. wahay!

it only takes an hour and patience is a virtue and all that !

:)

Not happy.. It's sat here and I can't play with it until the battery charges up...

oh hum :)

Hey even the charger is sexy with 50/80 and 100 charged markers :)

Oh and it's gopt a yellow dot and latest firmware.. brand new.. wahay!

you could should with the power adaptor battery shaped thingy in it instead if you can't wait that long.........

I hate you!!!!!

I tried one of those for a while a few days back and fell in love with it.

Battery will be charged by now though, so you can take it for a walk (y)

hahahahaha SORRY but I gotta say this.. WOW! I have the MKII and I was worried if the money was worth the difference....Well Duh! :)

Point me to a football pitch quick! :)

Grrrr......

[S3]absolutely no sympathy for you whatsoever........lucky sod [/S3]

hahahahaha SORRY but I gotta say this.. WOW! I have the MKII and I was worried if the money was worth the difference....Well Duh! :)

Point me to a football pitch quick! :)
Football pitch is thadda way >>>>>>>>>>>

Are you really really really sure you don't want to give it to me - pretty please :LOL::LOL:

Got mine a few weeks back, Awesome speed and AF system..:)

Check out the my menu setting in the options
I love that function, you can store all your fav options there.
Dont forget that you can save 10 settings onto a memory card, but use a small card like a 64meg.
Dont format the card or you lose all the saves on the card. I have an old 64 meg compact flash and save settings on that.
Like:
1: Weddings
2: Wildlife
3: Sports
4: Portraits
5: Landscape
and so on.

hmmm getting setup is daunting.. i think diff settings a bit away yet.... gotta stop it sensor cleaning everytime it switchs on/off .. also havent found the higlights in high iso or the calibrate lens stuff..

processing pics from the weekend and playing with camera at same time :)

hmmm getting setup is daunting.. i think diff settings a bit away yet.... gotta stop it sensor cleaning everytime it switchs on/off .. also havent found the higlights in high iso or the calibrate lens stuff..

processing pics from the weekend and playing with camera at same time :)

It's all in there: LOL :LOL:

The highlight tone thing will only work with ISO 200 and above, just in case you think your camera is faulty when setting the ISO highlight tone thing on.

Hi KIPAX

have fun with your new camera I only ever had a shot with my cousins and a massive 600mm lens which I could hardly lift up and keep steady, look forward to seeing your photos (y)

You're going to love it :D

I ma getting a sore head.. seem to be setting all the functions OK .. Just gone to Manual mode... top button selects shutter as normal.. but the whell isnt selecting aperture.. I cant figure out how to change that... sigh its hard work.

I have a match tonight to cover now.. just a friendly.. give me chance to try out .. but need to figure Manual out first.. sigh..

All fun :)

I ma getting a sore head.. seem to be setting all the functions OK .. Just gone to Manual mode... top button selects shutter as normal.. but the whell isnt selecting aperture.. I cant figure out how to change that... sigh its hard work.

Have you got the "on" switch fully on?

haha cheers dod.. I wondered why there wasnt a on/off for the wheel.. i turn the wheel off so not to accident change fstops ..now i got that function and my answer.... phew... easy when you know how :)

Hmm CFn IV-13 reduce shutter lag time. default disabled.. I don't understand why it wouldnt be enabled all the time or why theres even an option. surely less lag the better... or is there a trade off soemwhere?

u rich B*****

Went to football tonight..

Heres a shot taken of my youngest lad... he was around 20 feet away.. this was 9.20pm so lighting had gone.. I was shooting at iso 2500 with a canon 300mm non is lens

son1.jpg

Its been processed.. this is a 100% crop of the original.. taken in JPG and poor light, iso 2500 , f2.8, 1/500, Manual

son2.jpg

Hmm CFn IV-13 reduce shutter lag time. default disabled.. I don't understand why it wouldnt be enabled all the time or why theres even an option. surely less lag the better... or is there a trade off soemwhere?
I'm just guessing, but I'd guess at the shutter lag time option being to do with the AF system needing time to focus. Probably the custom function is for bright ambient light where the AF system should have no probs and be very quick? This CF being off by default would be the safest option for all conditions, where it might sometimes be slower.

Heres a shot taken of my youngest lad... he was around 20 feet away.. this was 9.20pm so lighting had gone.. I was shooting at iso 2500 with a canon 300mm non is lens
*pic*

Its been processed.. this is a 100% crop of the original.. taken in JPG and poor light, iso 2500 , f2.8, 1/500, Manual
*pic*

wow, that's impressive!

just shows how good the camera is! Very sharp!

i'd like to think that i'd be good enough/rich enough to warrant one of these cameras in the future, but probably the mk4 if and when that comes out...

i'd like to think that i'd be good enough/rich enough to warrant one of these cameras in the future, .

My best equipment story ...a few years ago I went to a game down south.. one other photographer there.. I had a canon 10d and a sigma 70-200, he had at least three 1ds and wireless and laptop and all manner of L glass.. speaking to him I said I would love to have that kinds setup but it will never happen.

He said believe me.. if your hooked you will get it.. one day some how..

I am not there yet but far enough along to know..He was right :)

Oh good grief, that's not what my bank manager wanted to hear :)

Glad you got it though, life's too damn short so go on, enjoy it! :)

Well done Kipax but what I want to know is how long your boy has been on Real Madrid's books?

son1.jpg

son2.jpg

This was just taken with a Nikon D3.

50mm 1.8 lens, f2.8, 1/500 ISO 2500 Auto WB

It's cloudy and dark here in Washington, DC...

beer.jpg
son1.jpg

100% crop below (untouched) to show detail

beercrop.jpg

son2.jpg

IMO there noise seems to be a bit less noise in the beer image and also (seen in the cropped image) appears to be sharper and more detailed.

I am glad Nikon finally stepped up!

Sorry, I don't have any "people" to shoot to make this comparison fair.

KIPAX...I apologize for the beer image right next to your underage son. I probably should have chosen another subject, but as I mentioned, nobody around.

He has seen beer bottles... in my hand :) Having just got back from spain him and his brother got shirts.. his brother got barcelona as we did the camp nou tour...(Crossing 8 lanes of traffic in center of barcelona in a camper van is not for the fient hearted)

OK this from Boundary park Oldham tonight.. Under floodlights near end of match.. ISO 3200 Shot in JPG .. Auto contrast, Dust & Scratch... resize

pol.jpg

and heres a true 100% crop iso 3200 with NOTHING done

pol_crop.jpg

Part time self employed sports photographer.. trying to expand to full time but scarey :)

Back