My 1st SLR

Edit My Images
No
Since i brought my Fuji Finepix S5000 around 8months ago ive loved the pictures and i wanted even better, so ive brought a Canon EOS-300D with a with EF-S 18-55mm lens.

I was just wonder what sort of pics are ideal to take with the camera and the lens is has?

Im also after some accessories to go with the camera to make it the full works any tips?

Btw heres some pics ive taken with my Finepix: http://www.itsaboutlee.co.uk/pictures/autoviewer/

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to TP, well a good start as you purchased a Canon (y) :LOL: But seriously, I have just looked at some of your pics and there is a couple of nice ones which could be be improved with some editing practise. If I were you I should spend a some time taking more shots similar to the ones you have already done, this will give you a feel for what works. To ask what pictures would be better to take with your camera is a bit like buying a car and asking which would be the best road to drive it on :shrug: it is solely down to you. Stick with the lens you have for the moment, that way if you find yourself leaning towards landscapes, nature, building photography then this will depict which lens and any other additional kit you might need. Just be patient for a few weeks, you never know you might feel the need to upgrade the camera once more before purchasing another lens :eek: Most of all have fun and keep posting up your pics (y)

When I upgraded from my Finepix the two main things I found my DSLR could do that the Fuji couldn't were shallow depth of field and long exposures, the latter of the two I've found most fun so far. Grab yourself a tripod and head out after dark. You will need a remote release to use shutter speeds over 30 seconds.

Back