My 450D is sick. Can you help please? Now repaired

Name
Nigel
Edit My Images
Yes
My 450D has decided not to recognise that it has an SD card inserted. When properly inserted, the display reads "No Card". I have tried another SD card but with the same result.

The camera is still in the 1 year warranty period.

My question is, should I return it to John Lewis where I bought it from , or should I send it direct to a Canon repair centre?

Does anyone have any experience of returning photo gear to John Lewis as this would be the most convenient, but not necessary the most efficient?

Thanks in advance for your help

Luckily I don't have any first hand experience with John Lewis customer service with electronics, but their reputation is that they are very good customer service wise for most items.
We had a dodgy item from them for a wedding gift, and it was relatively simple to deal with (only difficulty was that they wanted to deal with the store we registered the list with, which unfortunately was no longer the local store to us as we moved)

Yep, back to John Lewis as the first port of call. They will either replace it, or arrange the repair. Depending on how desperate you are to get it back you may find it's quicker to go direct to Canon though.

Although John Lewis are renowned for their customer service, as you live "fairly" near to the main Canon repair centre at Elstree, I would suggest taking [or posting after talking to them on the phone] it directly to them for a warranty repair.

Got my 450D back from John Lewis today. They had sent it to Canon RRC for repair.

It was away for 2 weeks which wasnt too bad I guess as this included the bank holiday weekend. The camera was also cleaned, including the sensor...... which was nice.

great to have it back :banana:

Back