My Accreditation for football photogrpahy article

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No

I wrote this article 15 years ago as I was quite high up in google for sports photography and the only interest I was getting where howto? questions (this article was to save repeating myself) I have since put a no robotos file in my sytem to get me off google search :) If you see an article simmilar to this it's a copy and I know it has been copied many times..

Anyway updated today to include the rather important info from DataCO that pre season games are not accepted in licence applications... on there website it states cuttings form the previous YEAR which would indicated pre season OK .. BUT in the application notes it says cuttings from the previous SEASON which then suggest pre season not.. So I emailed then this week and got a reply saying they would not go towards a licence application

Hi I am looking for clarification. Quite simply do pre season games count for licence application for the following season...

For example a pre season game I just did on Sat would that count towards the 2024-2025 season (not this coming season)

on your website it states
15 football match action photographs published in regional newspapers (or equivalent) within the last 12 months

So that last 12 months should cover it..

HOWEVER in the licence application notes it states the cuttings should be from the previous season .. which would indicate not pre season games

Clarification for myself and photographers groups I am in would be good please

Many Thanks and I look forward to your response.

Hi Anthony,

That’s correct pre-season cuttings will not count towards your application.

Kind regards,
Oron

Never mind pre-season, they're apparently not even counting FA Cup match action shots.

Never mind pre-season, they're apparently not even counting FA Cup match action shots.

eh ? seriously ?

eh ? seriously ?

Maybe they are referring to the Semis and Final, which aren't under the aegis of DataCo but the FA/Wembley itself.

That would sort of make sense. But the whole competition? No chance.

Maybe they are referring to the Semis and Final, which aren't under the aegis of DataCo but the FA/Wembley itself.

That would sort of make sense. But the whole competition? No chance.

yeagh i was thinking that... are they cutting back on whats eligable now...

actually no that cant be right.... you have to shoot games that are NOT dataco covered to get your first licence ? :)

Last edited:
yeagh i was thinking that... are they cutting back on whats eligable now...

actually no that cant be right.... you have to shoot games that are NOT dataco covered to get your first licence ? :)

Yup, but that's a one off. After that...

Edit - Actually I'm wrong. You can still maintain an EFL licence on National League publications.

Last edited:
Back