My Anniversary :D [Image heavy]

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
So ladies and gents, It has now been 1 year to the day that I first picked up my dad's DLSR :D

Thought I'd post a little thread showing my work throughout the year, more for myself but y'know, I'm pretty proud of how I've improved so I'll show off for once!

I managed to celebrate in style by photographing at the Bring Me The Horizon gig tonight, near enough the biggest gig I've done so far! First time shooting at the Academy's main room anyways!

So, I'll shut up and get going with the photos :) I'm only putting the people shots as it's what I'm interested in now so shows the best improvement!

1. January - From my first portrait shoot!
3187593965_7d0b6dba8c.jpg

2. February
3282093322_b04fe658af.jpg

3. March + my 50mm.
3352251128_3a002a1cf6.jpg

4. April + May, and I get my studio to play with...
3516003730_c1bf473e0e.jpg

I would say you're big turning point started at number14, it's from then that I start seeing a real style in your work, Now don't be content with that keep going, look at good photographers work and anylise the photos you like . go to book shops look at books by helmut newton, Richard avendon and other well known togs try to understand what made them great photographers.
Good luck and lets see more soon

Daniel I've just looked at your blog, the gallery is work below the standard of the other photos on the blog, You should solve this one,
If you have the confidence find a model agency show them your pictures and sugest doing a few model tests for the price of the prints, this will allow you to work with the pros instead of friends. Remember also that any photographer must have men in their book as well as the girls ,not as much fun but we all have to do it.

Thanks for the comments :)

I have been working with amateur models for quite some time now, you obviously get some that are terrible and some that are pretty good so it's just trying to find the decent ones.

What have I learnt? Lighting is the most important thing ever :p I need to work on it, though I think I'm getting better. I'd really like some studio time to play about with a decent lighting kit but hey. Also, learning to edit well is more important than I was hoping... Again, I think I'm getting there. And sticking to the rules isn't always the best way of getting a good photo :) Um, I'm sure there's lots more but that's got to be the most important things I think...

Back