My Competition Year.

Just like that, the last internal competition of the year is upon us and the hand in is today.

It's the Annual, where members can re use their images from the 3 previous league scoring competitions, or use completely new entries.

I'm going for 3 that I've used earlier this year but will keep them under my hat until closer to the announcement of the results, which will be on the 27th March.

The cream of the crop will be on show from the year, so it will be a tough one.

Good luck Dale :)

Crikey, this almost passed me by, it's almost time.

Tomorrow, 27th of March is the Annual Exhibition, where the best of the year will be on display, images from earlier in the year can be re-used or fresh ones can be submitted.

I've chosen to go with 3 previous from earlier this year.

1, My Wren, scored 20/20 last time out and Judge's choice as top image.....................

Wren_On_Bullrush 3.jpg

2, my resting Puffin, scored 18/20 last time out but I think it has more legs than that......................

Resting_Puffin 2.jpg

3, my other Puffin, scored 20/20 last time, which was a shock to me...............

Puffin 1.jpg

It's a completely different judge tomorrow (Libby Smith) so it will be interesting to see how she marks the images, compared to previous judges. The results could be very different.

Last edited:
A very nice set Dale, its easy to see why the wren got 20/20.
Good luck for tomorrow :)

A very nice set Dale, its easy to see why the wren got 20/20.
Good luck for tomorrow :)

Cheers Chris, fingers crossed.

I'm up against the cream of the crop tomorrow, should be an interesting (and tense :LOL:) evening.

Good luck for tonight (y)

Camera clubs are not my cup of tea.

but .....

Your images are superb and well deserve the scores they received.

Good luck for tonight (y)

Cheers,

Camera clubs are not my cup of tea.

but .....

Your images are superb and well deserve the scores they received.

Thank you.

The results are in........................

both Puffins scored 16/20 pts,

the Wren scored 20/20 points.

Quietly pleased although, a little disappointed with the Puffins. That's how it goes though.

So that was my competition year, all over now. I will know soon where I came in the league, I'll keep you posted. (y)

Our monthly DPI competition year is also over.
I was trailing in 2nd equal place by a few points.
I kept what I thought were my best two images until last and managed to claw back the points so I was 1st equal at the end of the night.
After taking an average of the 10 entered images entered by myself and the other member, I won by 0.1 points!!
That was so close but so pleased to have my name on the cup for the first time :banana:

I have been in this situation a few times when just a few points separate at the last round. It is a test of character. On two occasions, I scored the most on the night and won the trophy but my rivals images were better in my view so I was rather lucky. On one of the occasions the guy who lost congratulated me and I explained that my images were not as good but he just said nonsense your won fair and square and shook my hand. On another occasion a similar situation but when I suggested my images were not as good he said he agreed and that I should not have won. The second character is very successful but has a reputation as a poor loser.

It all balances out as I have won trophies that I did not really deserve but also lost out to close calls which might have gone the other way.

Dave

Back