My corals and fish

Name
michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I thought i would start a thread about some of the corals and fish i keep, I will update the thread with any new additions i get.
Scolymia1copy.jpg

BrynB_zpsa7ba95ba2_zps368a0dfa.jpg

This fish is tiny, No bigger than a matchstick
Houdini1.jpg

copy.jpg

copy-1.jpg

Thanks for looking
Mick

nicely photographed, never kept marines but should have photographed the tropicals i kept.

stunning tank, I'm blown away by the intensity of the colours! :)

edited to say, nicely photographed too - especially no 2

Now where have I seen these beauties before :thinking:

TSB and I don't mean the bank :LOL:

Very nice, over a year since I shut mine down, these sort of pics make me want to start again!

Thank you all , I will continue to add updates to the thread.
Thanks again
Mick

Thank you Matt
The tank was set up in July, So still empty really.
I will take a full tank shot and add it to the thread.
ATB
Mick

Really nice shots!!! May I ask what equipment are you using and are you doing any editing?

Regards Jonny

Thank you James and Jonny

I use a Nikon D90 and mostly my Tamron 90mm Macro, Im not very clever with PS so tend to darken the pics and add a little contrast.
A mate had a play with the jaw fish and flaming prawn goby as there was a lot of particles in the water column.
Stunners.jpg

Very nice set indeed.

Love these! Nice work.
I used to keep marines, but it's an expensive hobby so I had to give it up. Would love to start again one day though. What stunning creatures!

Thank you Daniel, Yes it is a very expensive hobby!
That is probably why i have no money all the time

Hi all

Here is another new addition, Just need a name?
Its a shame that the mouth looks so soft :(
wrasse1_zps3c9925e4.jpg

Beautiful photos. I know the challenges of aquarium photography. These are stunning.

On the last one, it might have been ideal if the mouth was in focus, but as shot it does put attention nicely on the eye. I like it !

I also am aware of thedifficulty in aquarium photography, so can appreciate just how good these are. Brilliant stuff. :)

Very nice, I too used to keep a reef tank but gave up once the kids came along (not enough time to dedicate to water testing/changes/mixing/algae blooms bla de bla), these are stunning examples of both fish and corals. Always loved the blue spot jaw fish and not the easiest of fish to keep nor are the other species you keep, the scolly coral also looks very attractive but again so do the rest, very good, I sit at night still wishing I had a tank to watch rather than the rubbish on telly.

I also am aware of thedifficulty in aquarium photography, so can appreciate just how good these are. Brilliant stuff. :)

Thanks Tom,

Very nice, I too used to keep a reef tank but gave up once the kids came along (not enough time to dedicate to water testing/changes/mixing/algae blooms bla de bla), these are stunning examples of both fish and corals. Always loved the blue spot jaw fish and not the easiest of fish to keep nor are the other species you keep, the scolly coral also looks very attractive but again so do the rest, very good, I sit at night still wishing I had a tank to watch rather than the rubbish on telly.

Hi Bob thank you mate, Watch a tank instead
Go for it mate, Its a beautiful hobby

BlueHornet_zpsdaf4e9a7.jpg

Thank you all for your comments :)

Mick

Wow!
Love your blue spotted jaw fish!
We had one... we found our cat playing with it on the sofa one day :( Unsure if it had jumped or if the cat had been 'fishing' :eek:

Are these taken under blue LED's?

Awesome! Some fish look like the aliens. Great colours, cool shots!
Absolutely love them :)

I love the abstract aspect to some of these and they all look like they were taken in the sea, not the tank.

Wow!
Love your blue spotted jaw fish!
We had one... we found our cat playing with it on the sofa one day :( Unsure if it had jumped or if the cat had been 'fishing' :eek:

Are these taken under blue LED's?

Hi Gem
Thank you, sorry to hear about your jaw fish!
I lost mine last week:(
I have LEDs that I can mix the colours to my liking so there is more blue than white around 20k

Awesome! Some fish look like the aliens. Great colours, cool shots!
Absolutely love them :)
Hi lula
Thank you

I love the abstract aspect to some of these and they all look like they were taken in the sea, not the tank.

Thank you Mark :)
I will post some more up soon

Thank you Colm :)

Here is another, I have started collecting these corals called zoanthids.
They have the most amazing colours and patterns, The size of the coral range from 5mm heads to 25mm.
They grow in a mat forming new heads from the base.
Sorry to bore you with my coral talk, But i will be posting up a few pics of these and thought you might like to know what they are. :)
_DSC0530_zpse4ab27fd.jpg

love the duncans and zoas like the mystery wrasse shot and also like the scoly eating :)

Back