My diecast model pics

Name
PHILIP
Edit My Images
Yes
From now on, I'll post all my model pics in this thread, rather than cluttering up the board with numerous individual posts.

I'll kick off with another of my big 1/12 models. This is by Premium ClassiXXs. It's their version of a Mini Cooper 40, celebrating 40 years of Mini production.

MINI COOPER (2)
by philpics46, on Flickr

MINI COOPER (3)
by philpics46, on Flickr

MINI COOPER (4)
by philpics46, on Flickr

MINI COOPER (6)
by philpics46, on Flickr

MINI COOPER (8)
by philpics46, on Flickr

MINI COOPER (14)
by philpics46, on Flickr

Could I ask how big this model is exactly? The engine and interior looks fantastic, as David said, it looks like the real deal. I really like the reflection in the first four as well. Nice work my friend.

Not bad :)

The first four look like they were taken in a showroom.
Good work.

Were these with the Canon 1D?
BTW, your Flickr is looking good.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments, guys. The model is approx 11" long and 6.5" wide. As for how I take these shots, there is more info in this thread;

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/1-18-porsche-911-gt3-r.518268/

The photos were taken with a Canon 5D Mk1. I bought it a while back specifically for model, car and bike show pics, teamed with Canon's superb 17-40 lens. I love this wee beauty. I use my 1D or 7D for motorsport.

Last edited:
Nice thread mate! Great pics

They're amazing !

Nice thread mate! Great pics
I'm guessing by your sig, you own a real Mini?! :cool: I have another 1/12 Mini Cooper, metallic grey with a chequered roof, spots and Minilites. I must photograph it soon, although I'm shooting a 1/18 Porsche 911 3.0 Turbo Martini at the mo......it's all go, go, go! :D

Thanks again for the comments, y'all.

I'm guessing by your sig, you own a real Mini?! :cool: I have another 1/12 Mini Cooper, metallic grey with a chequered roof, spots and Minilites. I must photograph it soon, although I'm shooting a 1/18 Porsche 911 3.0 Turbo Martini at the mo......it's all go, go, go! :D

Thanks again for the comments, y'all.

Haha yeah mate well I had one, was my first car! Not very good car for daily use haha more for shows really. Nice mate i canr believe how much the models have gone up in price! Been looking at a few. Keep them coming they all look wicked!!

Haha yeah mate well I had one, was my first car! Not very good car for daily use haha more for shows really. Nice mate i canr believe how much the models have gone up in price! Been looking at a few. Keep them coming they all look wicked!!

Righty-ho!

This is Kyosho's stunning 1/18 Ferrari 250GTO, perhaps the most beautiful car ever produced. The model was actually made by Minichamps, for Kyosho, hence the superb quality.

250 GTO (1)
by philpics46, on Flickr

250 GTO (2)
by philpics46, on Flickr

250 GTO (5)
by philpics46, on Flickr

I dread to think the amount of money you've spent on these models mate lol ;)

Philip...these are absolutely superb! Lovely perspective, excellent composition, superb lighting and sharpness. I take my hat off to you as when I saw the thread title I thought these are going to be a bit meh as it's not a subject that appeals to me, but when I saw the pics....wow!
JohnyT

What fantastic pictures. You would think you're looking at real cars. Stunning quality.

Thanks for your kind words, peeps! :) I have to say, I'm well impressed with the 5D Mk1. I bought it second hand a few months back. It was split-pin mint and even had the protective film on the LCD screens! For this type of photography, and car/bike shows, it's ideal as the full-frame sensor gives more scope with regard to perspective and angles.....especially when teamed up with Canon's superb 17-40 L-Series lens. I haven't tried it on moving objects, but I reckon it would struggle.

Wow...lovely capture of some nice cars.

Seem to be going through a white phase at the mo! This is a stunner from Autoart. It's their 1/18 model of the iconic Porsche 911 3.0 Turbo Martini....a poster car if ever there was one!

Quite a few pics, but it's such a photogenic subject I just couldn't stop snapping!

PORSCHE 911 3.0 TURBO (1)
by philpics46, on Flickr

PORSCHE 911 3.0 TURBO (2)
by philpics46, on Flickr

PORSCHE 911 3.0 TURBO (3)
by philpics46, on Flickr

PORSCHE 911 3.0 TURBO (4)
by philpics46, on Flickr

PORSCHE 911 3.0 TURBO (5)
by philpics46, on Flickr

Beautiful models & beautifully taken.

Given me a few thoughts on how I could spend some time on my 'confined to house' days (y)

Love the Zed, I've got a real one...

These models are wonderful :)

Thanks Philip ill stick the kettle on later and have a look. im just starting to do some still life shots myself and have bought some lighting equipment to play around with :)

Been a while! I would have preferred this model to come without a figure, as it spoils the illusion of the car being full-size. It's Minichamp's 1/18 model of Lewis Hamilton's 2013 Mercedes F1 showcar.

HAMILTON 2013 MERC F1 SHOWCAR (1)
by philpics46, on Flickr

HAMILTON 2013 MERC F1 SHOWCAR (2)
by philpics46, on Flickr

HAMILTON 2013 MERC F1 SHOWCAR (4)
by philpics46, on Flickr

HAMILTON 2013 MERC F1 SHOWCAR (7)
by philpics46, on Flickr

HAMILTON 2013 MERC F1 SHOWCAR (12)
by philpics46, on Flickr

Fantastic set (y)(y)(y)

I especially love number 3 (y)(y)(y)

Don't leave it too long before showing us more :)

Cheers, guys. I have one or two more to photograph! As you may have guessed, I prefer low-key photography for my models. I have tried high-key only a very few times. It's much trickier to get the white-balance and exposure correct. It's a compromise between a blown out background and preserving detail in the pics.

Here's a few of Otto's 1/18 Focus RS. I'm not entirely happy with the white background, as it has a grey tint to it, but if I increase the exposure on the light areas, I begin to blow out detail on the model! More practice, methinks! ;)

Anyway, here are the pics.

FOCUS RS (1)
by philpics46, on Flickr

FOCUS RS (3)
by philpics46, on Flickr

FOCUS RS (4)
by philpics46, on Flickr

Back