My first attempt at studio work!

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
My next door neighbour brought some studio lights and a couple of back drops recently and before he packed it away he asked if I wanted a go at taking some portraits of my boy... of course I said yes.

He was in the room when I was taking the photo's but he kind of let me get on with it..

3303763037_cc7ed49cf4.jpg

3301415688_58e24c2da0.jpg

3303752577_6d9f66077c.jpg

3304606854_ea3da1a30b.jpg

3303760389_cd03d637dd.jpg

I had a great time and can't wait now till he lets me have another go... hopefully with a white background too..

Last edited:
really nice set ;) Well done, i quite like the black background - love the eyes :0

i quite like 1 and 2

well taken and pp'd(y)

md(y)

What a lovely looking lad, and such a head of hair! :)

Number three for me :)

really good set!

good looking boy too, seems very natural poses and smiles.

no.2 for me.

What kinda setup was it and what gear did you use?

Thanks for sharing

Hi

I really like 1 but perhaps would crop it landscape with just his head and shoulders?

Also i like 4, love the slightly bored look on his face! Not taking the mickey... i think its the normal expression for cool kids.;)

Good set

Anna

Onform... You've always posted great pics, and this is another example of your natural talent for portrait work. Your son is extremely photogenic which helps, but you do bring the best out in him :)

They are all good in their own right, but I love #2,#4 and #5 particularly...

These are excellent Matt. Good to see he still likes being in front of the camera! (y)

oops sorry guy's I actually nodded off....it's been a long day. lol

Thank's for the kind words guy's There seems to be a different fav from different people too which is good.

@betty thanks yes we think he is gorgeous too, although he can be a right little tart sometimes...lol also he has had most of his hair chopped off recently..

@oli Sorry I don't know what set up it is apart from it was three flash heads one with umbrella, one with soft box and one with snoot oh and back grounds of course. only one was connected to the camera though so the others must of fired optically. Don,t quote me on this but I think they are 500W power?? does that sound right?? or help?? lol

@annao Thanks for the critique it's always valuable but I tried to keep the shots varied in their composition for this set .etc.. I do have three or four shots of exactly the crop that you mentioned... oh and no offence taken that seems to be his favourite cool dude pose at the moment!!! as you say. : )

@ianfulcher look into the eyes not above the eyes into the eyes not around the eyes look into the eyes...now...sleep....lol

and finally Neo: thanks for that comment it means alot that people on here even remember my photo's but to give such good critique and comments too always gives me a boost... I have been wavering lately really struggling to get motivated and inspired I seem to have really up and down day's where photography/life is concerned lately. but my boys never fail to bring it all back for me...

cheers marc he certainly does...lol probably see you at the london street meet... i hope...

And thanks again to everyone for the comments sorry if i didnt mention you personally...but I need to go back to sleep now.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz : )

Last edited:
subscribed eh...thanks... and how do you do that???

edit: as you have subscribed I will find out the exact setup tomorrow and update this page.. : )

Last edited:
Nice shots but too much PS on no. 2. Makes it look a little un-natural.

I know what you mean, all it was a little dodging on the whites to make them pop but you may be right a little unnatural looking??

Last edited:
Thanks as it was all last minute before he put away I was actually worried about the clothes against the black but as you say I quite like the effect.. just goes to show eh..lol

Back