My First Car **Now Washed and New Pictures Added**

Name
Ross Angus Williams
Edit My Images
Yes
After passing my driving test last week, today I went and picked up my first car.

It is a nice wee car and will do me fine for a few years until my insurance comes down.

Here are a few quick snaps of the car outside the flat, hopefully get a few more tomorrow with a nicer background.

DSC_6847.jpg

DSC_6850.jpg

DSC_6845.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

Congratulations on passing your driving test :1st: :woot:

We have a corsa there really good and nippy to you'll love it (y)

dave

Ditto on the congratulations and the Corsa. I have one as well, really like it. I hope that's not Tobermory in the background to the pictures. If it is then I may miss out on going to Mull:)

Ditto on the congratulations and the Corsa. I have one as well, really like it. I hope that's not Tobermory in the background to the pictures. If it is then I may miss out on going to Mull:)

Nah thats rubbish Grangemouth. Will get some nicer pictures when I get to mull in 2 weeks time.

Ah ha, a Murdo car!

You've made a wise choice dealing with him as he has a very good reputation.

Congrats on the pass and purchase of the new wheels.

congrats Ross :D You kept that quiet, or did I just miss it? :confused:

I have got a corsa aswell (y) so big respect for that :)

What ltre is it?

Tony

i used to have a black 1.2 sxi! it never stayed looking like yours for long! break out those 17" wheels! lol

i used to have a black 1.2 sxi! it never stayed looking like yours for long! break out those 17" wheels! lol

I wish but can't afford to and this car is staying standard as will need all the spare cash for fuel:puke:

Awesome, same here :)

1.0 litre :)

Great, had any problems that I should be aware of?

yeah you will be best to keep in normal!

check with the vx dealer to see if the belt shock tensions have been checked as a load got recalled!

Don't be horsing that wee car through any stages noo ! :D

I have a corsa too :)
However, mine is nearly 16 years old, with rusty doors, a roof, and everything.
Its MOT is next month and I do not hold high hopes considering I got a flat last week and when trying to jack the car up, it had a rusty and corroded underside that kept collapsing inside the car under the jack's pressure :puke:

congrats on passing, but dont expect much of a drop in insurance!!

it goes down eventually - I just ordered a fiat 500, should try and do some pics when I get it I suppose, insurance will be £168 a year fully comp :)

well done on passing your test and getting your first car enjoy it youll always remember the fun you have with the first
gwh

any problems that I should be aware of?

Keep your eye on the oil level, Vauxhall say 20k between services but the wee 973 engine drinks oil, so check it regularly.

The front springs break (at very low mileages), but they'll probably have been replaced on yours by now.
Ditto the gear linkage on pre-2003 cars
The gaiters fall off the cv joints
The crank and cam sensors fail, but they are a 2 minute job.

Other than that they are great wee cars....enjoy :D

Keep your eye on the oil level, Vauxhall say 20k between services but the wee 973 engine drinks oil, so check it regularly.

The front springs break (at very low mileages), but they'll probably have been replaced on yours by now.
Ditto the gear linkage on pre-2003 cars
The gaiters fall off the cv joints
The crank and cam sensors fail, but they are a 2 minute job.

Other than that they are great wee cars....enjoy :D

It really doesn't drink oil, the front springs do not go.... Have you ever had one before?

Last edited:
Well done on passing, I'm looking for a new ca and been looking at the corsa's mainly cos my car is eating petrol by the bucketload at the moment. I have a 1.6 focus, and its costing me £56 for a full tank [which currently I get through two a month but not for much longer]

Well done on passing, I'm looking for a new ca and been looking at the corsa's mainly cos my car is eating petrol by the bucketload at the moment. I have a 1.6 focus, and its costing me £56 for a full tank [which currently I get through two a month but not for much longer]

1.6 focus?

I'll swap you, my corsa for your focus? :LOL:

Tony

Congrats on passing your test.

I don't think insurance goes down, it just seems like it. I'm still pay the same now as I did 30 years ago, it just feels cheaper :LOL:

It really doesn't drink oil, the front springs do not go.... Have you ever had one before?

Yes....three of them (2001, 2002 and a 2003) and they all drank oil from new, My 2001 had broken springs if at under 30k and my elderly father's 2002 had broken springs at it's second MOT with well under 20k.

As for not using oil, have you never wondered why there are so many with rattling tappets? Ever had one yourself? ;)

Last edited:
Yes....three of them (2001, 2002 and a 2003) and they all drank oil from new, 2 had broken springs at low mileages with light use. Ever had one yourself? ;)

Yes, i own one now. They don't drink oil like........ Once a year change is all that is needed.

I run checks on mine often, even though it is just sitting in the drive.....

Yes, i own one now. They don't drink oil like........ Once a year change is all that is needed.

I run checks on mine often, even though it is just sitting in the drive.....

Depends on your mileage too.....it may vary ;)

Last edited:
Congrats on the pass and the car. (y)

It's been a long time since I had a car where you could do a "macro" engine shot.

Back