my first kingfisher

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
out with my friend today near ripon, and playing with my new toy, namley my ef600mm lens (mk1) and managed (after camping awhile) to get this little chap
fdfafda0.jpg

8b7b450e.jpg

thanks for looking

top marks buddy i have been trying to track a kingfisher down to photography for a long time but cant get one funny really i do i lot off fishing and every time i go with out the camera i see one lol nice shoots anyway well done

top marks buddy i have been trying to track a kingfisher down to photography for a long time but cant get one funny really i do i lot off fishing and every time i go with out the camera i see one lol nice shoots anyway well done

lol i know what you mean....dunno why they are called "common" nowt bloody common about finding these lol

I've only seen a kingfisher once, so i'd be happy with the first of these.
The second is much better though as it has more life in the eye and more clarity in general (y)

bloody 'ell these are wicked.. Ive seen 2 in my whole life and I wasnt quick enough with the camera.

Beautiful shots, I would love to see one to photograph. I haven't seen one for 40 years.

I seen my first kingfisher about 2 weeks ago but I was to far away even with my 300mm to get a decent shot :-(

Great shots. Theres plenty of wild life around Ripon and Harrogate,I feel this is just the start.

Stuart

ty for the very kind comments guys and gals :)

@stuart you're not wrong, just found a place with a hide overlooking an active badger set (only ever seen 2 in my life...and that was because they had been run over :( ) so looking at going there, also i keep hearing pleanty about otters (from reliable sources) in the area so i'll be looking to find out more and get setup for those.... in the meantime, i'm going to camp the kingfisher spot again and try to get some more photos ... but with a bigger DOF

ty for the very kind comments guys and gals :)

@stuart you're not wrong, just found a place with a hide overlooking an active badger set (only ever seen 2 in my life...and that was because they had been run over :( ) so looking at going there, also i keep hearing pleanty about otters (from reliable sources) in the area so i'll be looking to find out more and get setup for those.... in the meantime, i'm going to camp the kingfisher spot again and try to get some more photos ... but with a bigger DOF

Long time no see Andy, give us a shout if you need some locations (y)

Love these images, I have just finished painting a pen and wash of one but wasn`t lucky enough to capture it myself. lucky you

ty rich and glenys

Back