My first macro post

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Hi this is my first macro picture post, taken today in my friends garden while led on the floor but was well worth it hope you agree if not be nice:)

Grasshopper by Acemikeyg, on Flickr

Very nice. Looks like you did a good job with the DOF. The only things bothering me is I think he could do with a bit bigger crop, so he isn't so close to the edge, and the blurry out of focus grass in front. But you did a good job shooting it side on to make the most of your DOF.

For a first macro post id say its great. Much better than mine.

Luke

Very nice. Looks like you did a good job with the DOF. The only things bothering me is I think he could do with a bit bigger crop, so he isn't so close to the edge, and the blurry out of focus grass in front. But you did a good job shooting it side on to make the most of your DOF.

Luke

I was struggling with the grass in the foreground due to being led on the floor i had a few other shots but this is the best one due to getting the head and most of the body in focus, but thanks for the comments(y)

Luke

Taken on you comment and tried to do a better job with the crop

Grasshopper v2 by Acemikeyg, on Flickr

The crop looks better IMHO:) Nicely exposed and well focussed. I'd be pleased with it!

I was struggling with the grass in the foreground due to being led on the floor i had a few other shots but this is the best one due to getting the head and most of the body in focus, but thanks for the comments(y)

ayee, depth of field can be most challenging with macro, but you did great job with this one. The grass isn't much of a problem, its definitely worth keeping the grass instead of scaring him off from moving it.

New crop looks better by the way (y).

Luke

Knowing just how hard it is to get a shot like this I think it's great for a first effort :)

thank you for the comments, i did think about the grass but didn't wanna scare him off plus to get him side on required a lot of patience and shallow breathing :LOL:

Back