My first Nuthatch and Treecreeper.

Name
Nicki.
Edit My Images
Yes
Went out for an hour today to feed the Nuthatches and caught these. Not the best I know but will wait for the nice weather.

Have a gander anyway! How can I improve these? bit soft looking at them :bang:

Nuthatch049-2.jpg

Nuthatch047.jpg

Nuthatch043.jpg

4. Had the wrong lens on for this he was a bit far away :shrug:
Nuthatch052-1.jpg

Last edited:
One of my favourite birds (Nuthatch)....and we`re lucky to have a pair visit the garden every day. I never get bored with them. Well done !! Lovely shots and a joy to see.

Geoff

you would improve these allot, if you put better perches for the bird..and hide the food, drill some holes in the wood for the nuts, or peanut butter...(y) mark..

These were taken in the woods, all natural, just happens that when we put the food out in the pheasant pens they come down for a feed.:shrug: I just happen to put some branches out and a stone on top of the pheasant feeders, to keep the nuts there for them.

Can't get more natural than a tree for a treecreeper. :thinking:

Last edited:
you would improve these allot, if you put better perches for the bird..and hide the food, drill some holes in the wood for the nuts, or peanut butter...(y) mark..

This is good advice. (y)

My thoughts: good poses on 3 and 4 (although 3 is a bit dark) . Shame about the wrong lens on 4 but what a bonus to get a photo at all. I usually get a dark blur as it flies away. :eek: Congrats!

you will find mate ,that nearly all the best bird shots are staged,to some degree...mark

Not mine, mate! :shrug: just have the camera with me and shoot when I see.

Try and shoot that way as more natural.(y)

Well done for getting these Nicki, i have never seen either of them(y)

Well done for getting these Nicki, i have never seen either of them(y)

I will take you down there (private) when you want to come over not far to walk and just sit there they come to you as been fed daily:D

Cheers Nicki, will we have cake and coffee:D:D

Nice little set Nicki, not sure what to advise about the softness as it could be a few things, they look a little noisy more than anything. Could you post up a straight converted 1024 size of #3? Had to smile about it not being staged, I see a clean branch resting on a moss covered stone with a few peanuts, and find it hard to believe it is natural :thinking: ;)

Nice little set Nicki, not sure what to advise about the softness as it could be a few things, they look a little noisy more than anything. Could you post up a straight converted 1024 size of #3? Had to smile about it not being staged, I see a clean branch resting on a moss covered stone with a few peanuts, and find it hard to believe it is natural :thinking: ;)

Normally they feed of an oil drum which was not very nice looking so when they started feeding (or when we startted feeding the pheasants) I put a stone and some branches on there to make it more natural for them :shrug: otherwise the comments would have flooded in about the "natural perches" never mind lucky enough to go back and get some more "staged" photos soon? up for it fernface?

I just did another cheeky thing:) On the Nuthatch i tweaked the lightness, sharpened (just the bird) then put whole thing through Noiseware. Considering it was only a small file, i think it looks pretty good now. Wont bother to post though.

I just did another cheeky thing:) On the Nuthatch i tweaked the lightness, sharpened (just the bird) then put whole thing through Noiseware. Considering it was only a small file, i think it looks pretty good now. Wont bother to post though.

Post it like to see it (y)

Much better light as you said slightley over sharpened under the eye.

Hope we can get some better "staged" shots tomorrow.

Choccy cake and Clotted cream on the menu :D

Reckon she is saying no because she would not know how to do it, neither would i as it happens Rich:D

Last edited:
Reckon she is saying no because she would not know how to do it, neither would i as it happens Rich:D

True :shrug:

If you tell me what to do I will try :wacky:

strange response when someone who regularly posts superb pictures is trying to help you:thinking::thinking:

I only took these in Jpeg also so not really much help.

Going out tomorrow to try and get some better shots and will shoot in RAW this time

Back