My first proper studio shoot **edits now added to thread (not just flickr link now!**

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Well here are mine from my first proper studio shoot (as oppose to shooting at camera club).

After some help from ...MD..., I think I am happyish with these. What do you think? Although they do look sharper before I stuck them in picasa! And I've just noticed that the bottom of the second one does need amending. Will do that in the morning :D

29%2003%2009-21.jpg

29%2003%2009-18.jpg

29%2003%2009-15.jpg

29%2003%2009-13.jpg

29%2003%2009-9.jpg

29%2003%2009-8.jpg

29%2003%2009-5.jpg

And a fun one we played around with for whooshy hair
29%2003%2009-11.jpg

Last edited:
..MD.. helped you with white background shots

I don't believe it, he told me he didn't like them!!!! ;)

Beer was offered!!!

Thanks Dave :D

Thanks Chris, I think there is still a bit of work that needs doing to them before I give the client the final lot but I'm pleased with my first effort.

Just need to put them down for a couple of days and come back to them with a fresh pair of eyes

:LOL: thanks

Thanks Chris, I think there is still a bit of work that needs doing to them before I give the client the final lot but I'm pleased with my first effort.

Just need to put them down for a couple of days and come back to them with a fresh pair of eyes

;)

girl done good

ps good job i have free minutes:LOL:

md(y)

youve captured the models very well, expressions and positions are perfectly natural, im a liitle concered that they are a little too soft with a hiont of camera shake/ out of focus, or maybe its the couple of premium rate german lager cans ive just drank after a 12 hour shift at work, i havent decided yet

just need a little usm after resize and they will pop;)

md(y)

;)

girl done good

ps good job i have free minutes:LOL:

md(y)

(y) Cheers mate

youve captured the models very well, expressions and positions are perfectly natural, im a liitle concered that they are a little too soft with a hiont of camera shake/ out of focus, or maybe its the couple of premium rate german lager cans ive just drank after a 12 hour shift at work, i havent decided yet

Thanks for your comments :D I know they're a little soft, I don't think I uploaded them right. However, Looking at the originals on my laptop, they do need a tad sharpening but they're not as bad as these.

just need a little usm after resize and they will pop;)

md(y)

(y)

Well I have amended them and stuck them in flickr but I can't get them out of flickr and on here with keeping the links etc and I'm supposed to be working.

Argh :bang::bang:

Here's the link as got the hump now and I know people don't like having to go through links but tough :D I'll look at it at lunch time. Going on training course for work now

http://flickr.com/gp/36221768@N04/2Gb8Z9

first of all, please don't be offended because I know nothing :shrug: I would do away with the chair shots, black top and black chair :nono:
The "hair" shot is fab but she needs to be a little further back.
The lad is obviously looking at mum, get her to stand behind the camera for eye contact.
You have some great pics there (which is what its all about) so good on you :clap:
Hopefully I shall be putting my first studio shots up next week and you can have a go at me :D
The white BG is good for this sort of shoot, can I ask what lens you used?
also a little diagram of the lighting set-up.;)

:LOL: Not offended at all - thanks for your comments

and it was a burgundy chair ;) or did you mean the stool?

The hair one was bloody hard for me to get the timing right, you want to see some of the rejects, but yes, I know what you mean.

Mum was standing behind me and we were pleading with him to look at me but he had a fascination with everything but me and plus Richard. At one point we had Richard standing behind me with Mum but little chap decided he wanted to look at the man out the window :bonk: :LOL: If Richard wanted him to look at his camera, he'd look at mine and vice versa. It was fun though :D. There are more eye contact shots in the flickr set

I used my 18-50mm f2.8 lens (I think, no I'm pretty sure I did). I will attempt to draw a sketch of the studio lay out later. I'm just on a quick lunch break between training

Right, going to try again....

I meant the chair (burgundy) see, told you I knew nothing, colour blind as well :(

these are great, you must be well chuffed and so will mum.
No 4 sums it up, worth keeping for a sample to show your clients.

I have just converted my garage to a studio, two radiators and mixed lighting, daylight/flash heads.
Just been messing around for the pure white BG, used four flash heads (nightmare)
Would you mind if I put a picture in your thread to show you.

It does look black in one of the photos though so I'll let you off :LOL:

It's funny cos #4 is my least favourite! #7 is one of my faves :LOL:

You should start your own thread so you can get some comments on your piccie, otherwise you may not get any if you post in here.

Looking forward to seeing yours :D

at the moment it is only a test shot of the wife, just checking for the BG really, but you are right, I can wait.
Now that I have completed the studio I am not sure I want to bother with it, working with kids etc.......might just sell the lot after my first shoot......

Well post it then :p Look at a thread I put in Post Processing and you'll see the original before editing. I had 2 lights and didn't seem to get it right in camera.

Working with kids I found challenging but the reaction I got from Mum was definitely worth it and I think we all had fun that afternoon (Richard - back me up here). You have to be quick though with a 3 yr old as they do get bored easily but the results are great

lovely set of pictures
I bet Mum will be well pleased with them!

nice work Kelly love the wosshy hair :)

Lol - you found it then, I've just remembered, I need to send you those links don't I! Thanks for the comments

lovely set of pictures
I bet Mum will be well pleased with them!

Thanks for the comments, they were really pleased with them

Back