My First Red Kite

cosmix3

David Sullivan
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
No
This is my first time trying to get a shot of these or any bird in flight.

red_kite.jpg

Thats a good one, did you get it over kidlington.

Unfortunaly no, we havent got many round here :crying: . Went down towards Henly/Turville as I've had some time of work.

Just seen your location, Have seen one over shotover from my office at work, just not had a camera with me.

Threre are 3 or 4 around here, I mostly go to watlington, loads there, maybe less at the moment, nesting time.

Passed through there today there were quite a few about.

good shot. this weekend on sunday i counted my record number 31:eek: above henley. one of the buggers droped a cooked chicken about 5 foot away fom me (scared the crap out of me) lol. got a bit worried cuse they were getting quit close to me i didnt no if they could get aggressive towards humans?. just wish i had my camera with me:crying:

Good first shot, is it a hefty crop ? it looks a little soft, but definitely something to work with, practice makes perfect :)

Thanks for the comments, agree about it being soft, just need to practice more (thats my excuse for spending more time trying :LOL: ) and yes it is quite a crop, my lens did'nt get me near enough.

Thanks Poacher I do not know the area will head off round there this weekend chance my luck :)

Hi,

When I was out and took this shot I did Stop in Watlington, there was atleast 8-10 around there, so well worth a try.

Back