My first seaside landscapes

Name
Billy
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all!
A few days ago I took a trip one morning to Cleethorpes to have a go at getting some landscapes of the beach and sea. My main aims were to have a go at getting some nice long exposure shots as well as some of the sunrise.
I would appreciate any feedback and critique you have! :)

6. I think that's a flock of knot in the foreground, I got lots of close views of waders while there, fingers crossed Santa thinks I have been good this year and will give me a nice long lens to shoot them with :p

(If you have time, I blogged about this little trip out as well, my websites still pretty new so any feed back there is welcome as well! http://billyclapham.co.uk/landscapes/cleethorpes-december/ )

Thanks for looking!
Merry Christmas!

Hi Bill, I really like the first four. It's quite strange seeing a shot like number 2 in colour, all the similar ones I see have been converted to B&W, I wonder how this one would turn out? I think it works well on 3&4.

Cheers, Mike.

Nice set.

I like the colour and composition in #2 but would have looked even better with more water lapping around the nearest groynes (I know I'm being picky!)

Nice set- No 2 is the one for me, well shot

Les ;)

Thanks everyone!

I like the colour and composition in #2 but would have looked even better with more water lapping around the nearest groynes (I know I'm being picky!)
No I think I agree its a shame the tide wasn't a little higher, I could of moved further down but the next groyne along was a bit boring compared to the front one in the shot... and I certainly didn't wanted to go any further along, Decembers not a time for paddling! :p

Hi Bill, I really like the first four. It's quite strange seeing a shot like number 2 in colour, all the similar ones I see have been converted to B&W, I wonder how this one would turn out? I think it works well on 3&4.

Cheers, Mike.
If I remember correctly I did try a quick conversion, but I just couldn't bare to loose the nice colours, especially of the bizarrely tropical looking North Sea!

2 caught my eye right away
most of the colour ones work...the black to whites dont stack up against them well
cheers
geoff

I really like the first four, not a huge fan of the last two. The flag on number 5 puts me off.

Back