My fox family

:agree: very nice seeing the two together ... Russ are they generally together? My adult pair are clearly distancing themselves from the youngsters.
- Hi Roger - the family comprises the adult pair and only one cub for as long as I've been seeing them this season. The three seem to be together most of the time, but now I seem to be seeing a little more of just the dog and it's cub together as in these shots. They seem very wary of approaching my side of the paddock despite the abundance of rabbits , preferring instead to be near the fencing 80-100m away, unfortunately. There's simply no opportunity for me to get a close-up shot in my garden due to the high YWP fencing. :)

Russ

- Hi Roger - the family comprises the adult pair and only one cub for as long as I've been seeing them this season. The three seem to be together most of the time, but now I seem to be seeing a little more of just the dog and it's cub together as in these shots. They seem very wary of approaching my side of the paddock despite the abundance of rabbits , preferring instead to be near the fencing 80-100m away, unfortunately. There's simply no opportunity for me to get a close-up shot in my garden due to the high YWP fencing. :)

Russ

Interesting info Russ, thanks ... may not be close but still make a lovely shot. :)

"Excellent" set of images, liking all of these very much.

George.

Lovely shots, Russ. I’me getting a bit envious ..all these fox photos...sometimes I see one on the verge across the road..if I happen to look out at the right time late evening but mainly early hours.

too kind mate but you are wrong (silly sod) i've loved seeing these so have the lads n lasses (y)

Russ I really like the second, I know they are a long way off but it's cool the way they seem to be setting off somewhere, that bucket under cub bothers me though. and personally I'd like a bit more in front of the dog fox if you have it , but I think that's lovely,

Ha we are still stuck in the same place bro if yours could be closer and mine further life would be golden Oh to trade a few yards each way:D Cheers for the notes to Roger on your family Russ, it's fascinating watching the cubs grow and how the cub parent relationship changes.

Fences and boundaries must be one of the most frustrating aspects of brit wildlife togging.: how many times is something just out of reach? Hey ho mate still lovely to see i'd gladly ask for more Russ and I know I won't be alone in that. :)

take care

stu

As always many thanks for detailed critique Stu (y)
I know they are a long way off but it's cool the way they seem to be setting off somewhere, that bucket under cub bothers me though.
- I'm not sure whether it's a bucket under the cub, but whatever it is it's now gone from the paddock!!
......and personally I'd like a bit more in front of the dog fox if you have it , but I think that's lovely,
- agreed here Stu but, in my defence, I made each crop size identical in order to show each image with the foxes at the same size, and that meant I was a bit short of space in the second image with the foxes being slightly distant (if you get what I mean).

Take care, Stu :)

Russ

Back