My Fridge Freezer Farts!

Edit My Images
Yes
Just bought myself a new Hotpoint fridge freezer and boy is it noisy!

When it springs into life it makes the usual sort of fridge freezer noise but this is also accompanied by what can only be described as farting noises!

Is it up the creak before I have even had it a day? Or is this kind of noise normal?

When I was with the other half the fridge freezer we had just made normal noises

They should stand for 24 hours once in final position to let the gas settle. If continues get it checked out

Was told it only needed to stand for an hour by the delivery guys & I actually let it stand for 3

When it is not doing its thing it is as quiet as you like

See what it's like after 24 hours. What does the manual say. We have just had a new one and the installers left it overnight before turning on

They should stand for 24 hours once in final position to let the gas settle. If continues get it checked out

So that is how to cure flatulence, thanks Wave:)

Dave

Is it a frost free freezer? We had one that did the same thing, turned out to be because of this.

If it is a frost-free type appliance, it's the fan at the back of the machine that would make that sound, might be worth checking to see if nothing is sticking through the protective grill and slapping on the blades. That happened to my appliance when the edge of a bag of peas got pushed to the back end and rubbed against the fan blades and I kept hearing this humming sound on and off all day. It drove me nuts until I found the source.

You owe me a keyboard, monitor and mouse and the bloke sat opposite me is quite keen on a new shirt as well. Coffee stains are difficult to get out :ROFLMAO:

FFS... What's the chances of claiming for my iPad and sofa as well? Coffee everywhere, straight out my nose. Good job the Long Haired General's upstairs, I'll maybe get some of the sofa cleaned before she waddles down.

Back