My girlfriends eye

Personally i think this is lovely shot, I've been trying to do similar with my own eye but its impossible to focus when you cant see anything.
Dont know whether an even tighter crop (little off the left and top) might improve it slightly. I also like the reflection in the eye of you and the camera, gives it that little extra something.

On a side note, must say your GF has a lovely eye.

Really like it! The camera showing in our very own natural lens is quite a nice touch

Lovely shot! Her iris has some gorgeous detail - almost like a small storm! Wht post-processing did this involve?

Ummmm.....sorry to put a dampener on things but....the make-up is poor and therefore distracting. The reflection is messy and cluttered and therefore loses the effect somewhat. The crop isn't really ideal and isn't it a bit 'done' anyway?

Sorry to be miserable but you did ask!

I think the main eyeball part of the picture is really great and very clear as well, a lot of detail in the eye and can even see you taking the picture. I do like getting all the eye lashes in as well though in focus. Also, getting the make up cleaned up and un-clumping lashes, cleaning up the makeup under her eye etc. Other than that i like it. Can't wait to have a go and snapping my eye.

Personally i think this is lovely shot, I've been trying to do similar with my own eye but its impossible to focus when you cant see anything.
Dont know whether an even tighter crop (little off the left and top) might improve it slightly. I also like the reflection in the eye of you and the camera, gives it that little extra something.

On a side note, must say your GF has a lovely eye.

Thanks alot! She has a naturally beautiful eye, which automatically makes the photo better. Cheers for the feedback (y)

Really like it! The camera showing in our very own natural lens is quite a nice touch

Cheers, I'm not sure what people would think of the reflection, but I'm glad it's a nice touch :)

Lovely shot! Her iris has some gorgeous detail - almost like a small storm! Wht post-processing did this involve?

I was thinking that when looking at it! All I did in PP was add a little contrast and a small amount of saturation, thanks :)

Ummmm.....sorry to put a dampener on things but....the make-up is poor and therefore distracting. The reflection is messy and cluttered and therefore loses the effect somewhat. The crop isn't really ideal and isn't it a bit 'done' anyway?

Sorry to be miserable but you did ask!

Thank you for the feedback :) When I took the photo, it was just out of the blue really, it wasn't a 'shoot', I was just messing with my macro lens, but I will keep the makeup in mind in the future! Cheers.

I think the main eyeball part of the picture is really great and very clear as well, a lot of detail in the eye and can even see you taking the picture. I do like getting all the eye lashes in as well though in focus. Also, getting the make up cleaned up and un-clumping lashes, cleaning up the makeup under her eye etc. Other than that i like it. Can't wait to have a go and snapping my eye.

Cheers (y) Her eye is naturally beautiful, so I knew the centre of the image would look good :) and for the makeup, it was just a shot out of the blue that came out nice, so in future I will pay attention to makeup. And have fun! :) thanks.

I like it although it would appear imperfect to the purists among us. :)
As has been mentioned above she has a beautifully detailed iris.

I did have a go at this myself when I got my 85mm macro lens. I pestered 'er indoor to lay still for me and she begrudgingly obliged. I moved into place with tripod etc. whilst she mumbled something like "well come on then" and squeezed the remote trigger to focus... the bl**dy AF assist light came on and near blinded the poor girl! For some reason it's the only chance I've had to date. Can't think why. :thinking:

I like it although it would appear imperfect to the purists among us. :)
As has been mentioned above she has a beautifully detailed iris.

I did have a go at this myself when I got my 85mm macro lens. I pestered 'er indoor to lay still for me and she begrudgingly obliged. I moved into place with tripod etc. whilst she mumbled something like "well come on then" and squeezed the remote trigger to focus... the bl**dy AF assist light came on and near blinded the poor girl! For some reason it's the only chance I've had to date. Can't think why. :thinking:

Thank you :)

And it sounds like someone had an unfortunate happening ;) unlucky!

AF? Manual then ;) but you need the af light for red eye reduction and more colourful iris.

Haven't tried yet and I think I'd need a bright room and my mrs doesn't like bright lights in her eyes :/

Nice attempt/try and you've already had some good feedback. As to the comment on 'hasn't it already been done before' well yeah. But we have to have a go too (see water droplets/collisions/black n white etc... ;) )

I think its nice, and if they don't mind, have another few goes :)

AF? Manual then ;) but you need the af light for red eye reduction and more colourful iris.

Haven't tried yet and I think I'd need a bright room and my mrs doesn't like bright lights in her eyes :/

Nice attempt/try and you've already had some good feedback. As to the comment on 'hasn't it already been done before' well yeah. But we have to have a go too (see water droplets/collisions/black n white etc... ;) )

I think its nice, and if they don't mind, have another few goes :)

cheers :) the room I took this in wasn't really that bright, but the photo came out nice! I will have to have another go at it and see if I can improve. thanks for the feedback!

Back