My hidden power.... SP

Name
Jay
Edit My Images
No
I got a bit bored whilst setting up my lighting equipment and waiting for a model to arrive, so I decided to take some 'artistic' ?? self portraits.

It's been done lots of times before, but you know, gotta try it out!

Here's one I just took that came out really well, I will put a few more up when I get the chance!

#1 - I taught my mum how to use the D90 for this shot! Came out great! I directed the shot.
3395036772_0596012758.jpg

#2 - Naruto inspired, I added lightning to make it look like Kakashi's Chidori. (If you watch Naruto, you'll know about it)
3395170802_168c53e781.jpg

#3 - Trigged by Nikon remote
3394247099_e6948dbe18.jpg

The glare from my powers is a bit annoying, but I couldn't help it :p

What do you think?

Last edited:
Well, I could have taken the shot myself with the remote like I did with the second one in the black background.

I'd still say its a self portrait since I directed the shot, I just told my mum to press the button as I couldn't get the focus 100% right.

Last edited:
interesting discussion though, who is the actual photographer etc

How did you manage to hold on to that white hot plasma ball without burning your hands? :) Hahahaha Good stuff.

interesting discussion though, who is the actual photographer etc

A good few years ago, I watched a television programme about Terrance Donovan (top fashion tog in the 70's/80's in case you are too young to remember him) and he didn't actually press the shutter on any of his shots; one of the assistants did the actual taking of the image.

yeah it's a similar scenario for Hirst's work. I think it's interesting how depending on what level you're at how that's perceived, similar to discussion on here about blown highlights etc.

Back