My Irish Staffie.....

Edit My Images
Yes
Spike......

Click the pic for a full size.

Last edited:
Irish Staffordshire? Why do they name them that then? He's certainly a pretty dog but this seems to be a name people are calling pitbulls to get around UK law?

Spike looks lovely and he's obviously one of those dogs willing to pose !

We could talk all night about Staffy breeding esp the 'Irish' but lets not...

Can I promote this forum.........

If you choose to join in I'm 'Phil'.

http://www.dogsey.com/

Great place to introduce your dog (y)

Last edited:
Thanks Phil & Adam. He is one of the most loving, soft dogs I have met, all he wants to do is play.

I've checked the forum out Phil, will be registering in a little while - thanks for that.

A little info on the breed for those that think they're pit's::
The Staffordshire Bull Terrier was developed in the region of Staffordshire, England in the nineteenth century from crosses between Bulldogs and various Terriers. The Staffordshire Bull was developed for the then-popular sport of bull baiting. The breed's popularity waned as interest in the sport waned. Irish breeders then attempted to create a taller and leaner type of dog that could be used primarily for dog fighting. When dog fighting was banned the breed became rare although it is becoming more and more popular now. These days the breed is used mainly as pets however there are some owners who use the breed for jumping and weight pulling competition as athletics is where this breed excels. The Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier is not a dog for every family, but in the hands of a dominant, experienced owner; it can be a successful pet and family guardian.
thank you
beautiful dog btw.

Thank you Pointblank. I know he's not a Pitbull. The local police know him really well, and they agree he isn't a pit. His papers say he is an Irish Staff. Either way, he is one of the loyalist dogs I have ever owned.

He is definitely gorgeous. :)

He's certainly a very handsome boy

The photo looks like it could be a little sharper - I can't work out if the problem is focus being out or camera shake. For a web sized shot (Say 800 pixels) you could maybe run some sharpening on it

Irish Staffordshire? Why do they name them that then? He's certainly a pretty dog but this seems to be a name people are calling pitbulls to get around UK law?

Sadly it doesn't matter what the actual breed is to fall foul of the UK law, so if people are doing this then they are more than a little naive.

Just realised you have edits ticked when I posted.

I had a very quick meddle
Spikethedog.jpg

Two stages of sharpening and some levels tweaks. A bit overcooked for my usual tastes but this was to overcome the softness.

Thanks for that. It was a bit soft because the photo was taken from a distance with my 70-300mm lens.

Back