My Mate's Portfolio attempt

Name
Craig Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Here are some images of my mate this weekend he wanted to get some image for his portfolio.

would really appreciate some C & C on these.
jon20tp.jpg

jon02tp.jpg

jon04tp.jpg

jon05tp.jpg
[/IMG]
jon18tp.jpg

jon12tp.jpg

jon09tp.jpg

jon07tp.jpg

jon08tp.jpg

jon06tp.jpg

cheers

Craig

Last edited:
Although all are good what about a smiling one, as it is for a 'folio' and he needs to show off his ability as a model.

I like the set, and the pp carried out... but why is your mate frowning on most of the shots? Some different and alternate expressions would be beneficial I feel if this were to be his portfolio.

great set all round.

no.3 for me. the mix of different textures and the colours are great.
no. 4 is a little tight on crop
no. 7 reminds me of catalogue shot. (=great!)
agreed with the other comments about the facial expression.

I'd be happy with those for sure!

The pictures are good but he kind ahas the exact same expression on his face in every shot.
It would be good to have a range of his abilities.

great shots but for a portfolio, i would have thought he would need to show that he can do a variaty of things..

wow, really nice set! love the processing. I think though for your model, he might want to try different facial expressions, though he does pose well i reckon.

thanks for the comments guy,

yep i know he needs to work on the facial expression abit, but in fairness to him this was is first proper bash infront of the camera posing, and he is still a bit uneasy.

I told him the more that he does it the better he is going to get.

A very nice set, #3 and #4 are my fav's, the colours are perfect (y) - if you were able to remove the graffiti in those shots then I think it woudl make them that little bit better but I like them as they are as well.... :thinking:

#1 is also impressive, great colours again.

3,5,7 for me, nice set, but as already noted try and vary the models expression

Nice one

Stu

Very professional looking set, fantastically lit, well exposed, etc etc etc.

However, as has been said, he should have a variety of different poses/props/expressions at his disposal as models need to be versatile to be successful. You are the photographer, and you've photographed him beautifully! However you should give it a second go I reckon.

3,7 and 10 for me, although its not really a crit of the photography which is excellent, he could do with changing the expression up a little. Unless he's hankering after a part in Eastenders or something. (y)

Back