My new ride - Carbon Fibre goodness - img heavy

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm very jel 'cause most guys that have this type of bike have 32" waists!

Very nice pics and would do a promo shoot of this bike justice!

Omg i want that bike so much, my brother had a nice carbon fibre racing bike and i remember being able to pick it up with my finger! Have fun riding it, as for shots I like 1, 2, 4 and 6. I love the look of carbon fibre too :D

I'm very jel 'cause most guys that have this type of bike have 32" waists!

Very nice pics and would do a promo shoot of this bike justice!

32??not even close here ;D

Nice!!

How many miles do you have to peddle to make your money back on it though? :LOL:

Mank said:
Nice!!

How many miles do you have to peddle to make your money back on it though? :LOL:

Not much :) looking on costs of my current travel card, around 15 months. If I would work bit further, a year Max :)
So not long :)

Lovely looking machine but ... oh dear, that saddle :puke:

I hope you still have some setting up to do :p

+1! Your saddle angle looks all wrong and if it's the right height then either youre an unusual shape or it's too big for you...

Nice bike though. Next time you line her up for a photoshoot, the standard 'rules' are valves at the bottom of the wheel, ideally lined up with the tyre logos, cranks at around 30 degrees and (most important), chain on the big ring at the front, small ring at the back - otherwise you'll get a load of smartarse comments like 'do you live on the top of a hill?' :D

Is spelling of Carbon Fiber on the bike stickers deliberately done or is that a mistake?

I hope it doesn't get nicked , great looking machine.

mikeyt said:
+1! Your saddle angle looks all wrong and if it's the right height then either youre an unusual shape or it's too big for you...

Nice bike though. Next time you line her up for a photoshoot, the standard 'rules' are valves at the bottom of the wheel, ideally lined up with the tyre logos, cranks at around 30 degrees and (most important), chain on the big ring at the front, small ring at the back - otherwise you'll get a load of smartarse comments like 'do you live on the top of a hill?' :D

I think that's before I sat on it ;) what you mean by wrong anyway??
And lol at rules of taking photos of bicycles :)

tiler65 said:
Is spelling of Carbon Fiber on the bike stickers deliberately done or is that a mistake?

I hope it doesn't get nicked , great looking machine.

Actually its the proper name of it :)
(Google it :). )

I do hope its not going to be nicked as well and to be more safe, I have already insured it :) for the time being it will be help on my balcony and not in communal garage under the building. ( its gated with cctv, but still ...) need to get new locks as mine stayed with old bike I gave to my partner.

Really really lovely bike, i think i should clean up mine and take a few shots!

Thanks for sharing! :)

That looks fast, though save an alu' frame for winter if it turns really cold.

Lovely Bike Lukas, I have one of their Scandium Alloy bikes and it's wonderful.

Super light, super responsive and fast.

Carbon just makes it look EVEN nicer ;) Enjoy (y)

Just looking at the peddles, they just donot seem right, surley on a bike like that you should have something that resembles speed, or a clip in type that fits into shoes. Look like they had none left and took them off the nearest mountain bike.

Lovely lovely looking bike though, one day i might have had one of those but nowerdays if it aint got an engine I do not want to know lol

spike

Spike, I think there's a daft euro rule that says bikes need to be sold with safety pedals, that means reflectors and grip surfaces. A bell is usually a stipulation too :puke:

It's a lovely machine and no mistake, one day I will return to the roads on such a beasty.

Frost + carbon could be a worry though, I've had a seat pole and a pair of bars break on my mtb during hard winter rides. Ended up going back to easton alu for safety :D

Spike, I think there's a daft euro rule that says bikes need to be sold with safety pedals, that means reflectors and grip surfaces. A bell is usually a stipulation too :puke:

Makes sence, so you buy it like that then stick your own on :shrug:
stupid really aint it??

spike

The first thing I did for my bike was to replace the U-Locks on wheels and Saddle with Pinhead Locking nuts... Awesome bike BTW...(y)

Here's mine (prior to the Pinhead replacement)

DSC_5872.jpg by raj-rexgold, on Flickr

It's a lovely machine and no mistake, one day I will return to the roads on such a beasty.

Frost + carbon could be a worry though, I've had a seat pole and a pair of bars break on my mtb during hard winter rides. Ended up going back to easton alu for safety :D

I'm fairly sure that the daft euro rule is that if a bike is fitted with pedals, the pedals must be fitted with reflectors. So, most bike companies sell the bike without pedals. Also, if the bike is sold without pedals, it's deemed not to be a complete bike, so they can get away without fitting an "audible warning device (read "bell").

Anyway - most riders serious have specific types of pedal/clip/shoe combinations, so it actually makes sense to sell the bike without pedals.

Oh - Nice bike BTW, I quite fancy one of their Stealth Carbon frames - the one with the knock-off DeRosa 838 frame - but I'm still a bit fat for carbon at the moment...

It's been ages since I bought a bike, my last one was a custom build but I let the shop do it, even though I ride with spd's they insisted on fitting horrible plastic cage pedals siting that rule as the reason.

pedals are dual function so there is a clip as well :) (system ex em15)

its not cold in London so no worries re temperature ;D

as for price, on this price you could get it under £1k but mine went 'little' above it ;)
shimano 105, wheels, carbon stem and saddle post and few other bits added to a price but bike is lighter :)

as for price, on this price you could get it under £1k but mine went 'little' above it ;)
shimano 105, wheels, carbon stem and saddle post and few other bits added to a price but bike is lighter :)

And so it starts :LOL:

that's exactly how mine was, and then I added this and that and suddenly the £'s went up a lot faster than the grams came down :LOL:

Last edited:
AndrewA123 said:
And so it starts :LOL:

that's exactly how mine was, and then I added this and that and suddenly the £'s wet up a lot faster than the grams came down :LOL:

Haha still shimano 105 wasn't too expensive and I haven't taken wheels for £400 :)

It's been ages since I bought a bike, my last one was a custom build but I let the shop do it, even though I ride with spd's they insisted on fitting horrible plastic cage pedals siting that rule as the reason.

It may well have changed since last time I bought a built-up bike, tbh - I think last time was well over 10 years ago - I'm such a funny shape that "off the peg" builds never fit, and I end up having to swap out stems, bars, cranks etc. so it's easier to just buy all the bits and build it myself.

Lovely bike and some great photos, makes me want to get out and photograph mine, only question is where would you choose as a good and quiet location? I have a white cboardman with carbon forks and some nice looking Mavic rims - incidentally it was built with SPD pedals and the boggo 'rule obliging' pedals in a bag!

mumrar said:
Lovely bike and some great photos, makes me want to get out and photograph mine, only question is where would you choose as a good and quiet location? I have a white cboardman with carbon forks and some nice looking Mavic rims - incidentally it was built with SPD pedals and the boggo 'rule obliging' pedals in a bag!

If it is white, maybe something contrasty? Like brick wall?

i've always liked a nice quiet industrial estate on a sunday afternoon for my shooting my bikes!!

4507815305_08afac1865_b.jpg

4653694068_d256465693_b.jpg

nice rides :)
I was thinking about planet x as well:)

questions :
how the hell you made them stand like this ?? clone tool ? ;)
and on blue one, saddle is bit high...isint it ??

nice rides :)
I was thinking about planet x as well:)

questions :
how the hell you made them stand like this ?? clone tool ? ;)
and on blue one, saddle is bit high...isint it ??

A trick I used to use in the days of film was to get someone to stand behind the bike with one finger pressing on the saddle to hold the bike balanced upright. When I shouted "Now" they removed their hand backwards out of the way & I'd take the shot, they then had to grab the bike again before it fell over. :LOL: Only could use this method if it was a tightish shot on the bike though.

Back